Tennessee looks ugly...

We barely beat Prairie View AM last year. You get better and you move on. I have full confidence in Pearl to coach this team and help the youth grow up. We'll be a force in March -- when it matters.

We barely beat Prairie View AM last year. You get better and you move on. I have full confidence in Pearl to coach this team and help the youth grow up. We'll be a force in March -- when it matters.

Have we ever been a force in March under Pearl?

Not unless Wayne starts playing better

Have we ever been a force in March under Pearl?

Well as a 4 seed we took a #1 seed to the edge in 06-07, not to mention Pearl's teams haven't been exactly blessed with talent and athleticism. He's been here 3 years. It's not like he's given us a 10 year drought here.

i was at the game tonight, and boy you could tell they all were tired and not very enthusiastic. it was obvious JP Prince was sick. i still think these guys are gonna find a groove and really impress. for a bunch of guys who looked half awake, they sure are still fun to watch! it's only going to get better i think. GO VOLS

We've always had great regular seasons under Pearl, and we'll probably have a pretty good regular season this year.

Pearl's second year is really the only year we've played well in March. Obviously this isn't saying much since he's only been here 3 years, but I'm just sayin...

We will be a completely different team by march. I hate this cliche, but "the freshman won't be freshman anymore..."

If you watched it on tv you would have heard that Bruce ran the players like he'll yesterday in practice, something he usually doesn't do the day before the game.

It was a very ugly win. We had no enthusiasm, no chemistry, played terrible defense (both on the press and the perimeter), missed way too many easy shots inside, and shot terrible from the arc. Hopefully the team was exhausted after the Old Spice, but I was thoroughly disappointed in our effort tonight.

Well Griff thinks we suck. We should go ahead and fold the entire basketball program bc of this performance.

What has happened to Wayne Chism?

I love Wayne, but the kid is playing straight up "soft" basketball. He doesn't impose his will at all anymore. Brian Williams is the only big man playing like it right now. Chism needs to stop trying to slip outside for the three and crash a board or two.

I don't see how you can disagree with anything in the blog post. It's no secret we're young and widely-held that we'll get much better. All this discourse about Bruce Pearl is very strange and slightly unsettling.

This week's squad looked nothing like the team that impressed against Georgetown. That being said, I do think that they were exhausted. We had too many guys standing around watching the possession and not NEARLY enough hustle. Scotty looked lethargic and neither Tyler or Wayne showed the leadership this young team needs.

I have faith, though. Bruce will work it out.

VN Store

Back