Tennessee lands 24' SS Chris Newstrom

It's incredible that we have made it to the point where we are landing these types of commitments quite often now. Just gotta find a way to get dudes likes this to stay on campus. Keeping Burns was a huge first step. Hopefully we can make this a trend.

It's incredible that we have made it to the point where we are landing these types of commitments quite often now. Just gotta find a way to get dudes likes this to stay on campus. Keeping Burns was a huge first step. Hopefully we can make this a trend.

Notice that CTV isn't shying away from going after them on the assumption that they won't enroll. I think that's really positive.

We’ll see if the NIL money will start to keep some of these kids in college.

I can't imagine NIL money for college baseball will be that substantial. I think the more likely scenario is that if college players continue to quickly rise out of the minors and into the majors, more kids will see college as a more comfortable, viable option. I think we all know just how poor the living conditions and working conditions of a minor league player can be.

Reactions: Ryno14 and vol66
I can't imagine NIL money for college baseball will be that substantial. I think the more likely scenario is that if college players continue to quickly rise out of the minors and into the majors, more kids will see college as a more comfortable, viable option. I think we all know just how poor the living conditions and working conditions of a minor league player can be.

NIL money will be directly related to fan interest. If a sponsor thinks it’s worth it to spend the money on players because it will get return on its ad dollar, they’ll spend it. As interest in UT baseball grows, the more likely it is that NIL money will too.

Of I'm not mistaken CTV now has the top players committed from the states of Tennessee, Missouri, Nevada and Arizona for the 24 class.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1

VN Store

Back