Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Two teams we don’t want to emerge nationally is Duke and Clemson, both young teams but making you notice them.

It may not matter as much in an NIL era, but Duke is the scary one there because they can offer need based scholarships beyond the 12. Kind of like what Vanderbilt has done for years in baseball, they basically have a roster of full scholarship players, while everybody else is stuck on the usual limits.

It may not matter as much in an NIL era, but Duke is the scary one there because they can offer need based scholarships beyond the 12. Kind of like what Vanderbilt has done for years in baseball, they basically have a roster of full scholarship players, while everybody else is stuck on the usual limits.
Not to mention the feeder system they have built in with the Lady Dukes program which is a fairly young program. James Lamar (Marissa Youngs husband) just inked the first NIL deal for a travel program that didn't need any assistance in getting some of the best players in the nation.

Commits

Agree, we are the top team followed by Ole Miss and Liberty, would have rather been with Oklahoma State and Oregon.
I agree. We always have a weaker tournament In preseason so I think it’ll be this one? I know we’re not going to clearwater so I hope we go to a few with bigger teams. Unless the thought is that playing a tougher schedule will bite us in the butt in the end and they’re playing it safe

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I agree. We always have a weaker tournament In preseason so I think it’ll be this one? I know we’re not going to clearwater so I hope we go to a few with bigger teams. Unless the thought is that playing a tougher schedule will bite us in the butt in the end and they’re playing it safe
They talk about Strength of Schedule all year long so I’d like a few top 20’s thrown in. That plus SEC equals strong schedule.

I think UT was counting on a tougher draw in Mexico.

One of the girls posted a twitter picture from the game last night. Saw every girl on the roster in the picture except Zaida and she may have been taking it. Glad to see total team bonding. Building chemistry is important. Seniors, transfers, freshmen all mixed together. Many teams have small cliques, I was happy to see this…………now let’s find us a SS in the group and get after it LOL

One of the girls posted a twitter picture from the game last night. Saw every girl on the roster in the picture except Zaida and she may have been taking it. Glad to see total team bonding. Building chemistry is important. Seniors, transfers, freshmen all mixed together. Many teams have small cliques, I was happy to see this…………now let’s find us a SS in the group and get after it LOL

I saw Aubrey Leach but did not get to speak to her. One of my all time favorites!

Someone mentioned in was Donihoo that was recruited to be our SS. I haven't seen too much of her in the infield, but for the most part I am assuming she's pretty good.

Reactions: TouchOfGrey
I saw Aubrey Leach but did not get to speak to her. One of my all time favorites!

The best leadoff hitter in the game for a couple of years, IMO. A shame she and Gregg never even got to the Championship series. Led by those 2 All Americans, that '18 roster should have--had a lot of good players, including Vines, Seggern, Ayala. That it didn't indicated that there were various issues with the program, and not sure that's changed.

As expected 2024 Jayden Heavener to LSU. Tennessee never had a chance, and I expect them to go all in on her 2025 teammate Linton who’s a LHP from Eagleville. Probably the #3 LHP in the state behind the ‘22 headed to Tech and ‘23 headed to FSU. Some might say #4 behind the other 2025 in her class Plumlee who TN will be interested in too.

Last edited:
As expected 2024 Jayden Heavener to LSU. Tennessee never had a chance, and I expect them to go all in on her 2025 teammate Linton who’s a 2025 LHP from Eagleville. Probably the #3 LHP in the state behind the ‘22 headed to Tech and ‘23 headed to FSU. Some might say #4 behind the other 2025 in her class Plumlee who TN will be interested in too.
Yeah this wasn't a surprise to me. She clearly expressed a lot of interest in LSU. Hopefully we can get some good talent too

Yeah this wasn't a surprise to me. She clearly expressed a lot of interest in LSU. Hopefully we can get some good talent too
‘24 class isn’t strong in-state. I anticipate most will come from out of state or portal (a long time between now and Nov. 2023). ‘25 class has the two pitchers earlier and one can’t miss C/MI from Indiana that moved to Knoxville this past summer. Tennessee is the clubhouse leader but will have to hold off other P5 schools as she hits long range missles.

The best leadoff hitter in the game for a couple of years, IMO. A shame she and Gregg never even got to the Championship series. Led by those 2 All Americans, that '18 roster should have--had a lot of good players, including Vines, Seggern, Ayala. That it didn't indicated that there were various issues with the program, and not sure that's changed.

The “various issues” were injuries and personal issues with pitching. It’s not an excuse, but when you look at why teams 16-18 didn’t advance in the postseason, it’s very clearly the reason. In that three-year stretch, you had pitchers break an arm, develop worsening food allergies and deal with severe throat issues due to a medical condition. You also had a top pitching recruit (that they had to pass on others to get with enough scholarship money) not pan out because she looked like a generational talent in the bullpen, but led three different conferences in wild pitches when she tried to throw in games.

Not exactly things you can blame on “various issues with the program” IMO.

VN Store

Back