Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

I think Gracie will be a starter given that she is over her injury? I am guessing that is what kept her out of the lineup same thing with Olivia. Katie has a shot at one of the outfield spots if she can start hitting. Shakara would be the #1 pinch runner option, & Curran can enter the DP conversation if she can be more consistent.
The days of the portal has changed the game to one where hitting supercedes speed and slapping as well as defense. I would say that the next to leave would either be Olivia.

Reactions: TouchOfGrey
I agree. Katie needs to hit to play. With Donihoo and the AZ girl along with Kiki, Rylie (if she doesn’t always catch), and Ahlin and MeSusan, that makes for a competitive OF. Also agree we will see a lot of Gracie this coming year (excited for that, I think she can help us) and more of Amanda C. Olivia may end up being the odd person out. With Rylie and Rodriguez and Zaida in a pinch, I don’t see a way onto the field for her. But competition is a good thing. A lot of veteran/newcomer blending to do

I agree. Katie needs to hit to play. With Donihoo and the AZ girl along with Kiki, Rylie (if she doesn’t always catch), and Ahlin and MeSusan, that makes for a competitive OF. Also agree we will see a lot of Gracie this coming year (excited for that, I think she can help us) and more of Amanda C. Olivia may end up being the odd person out. With Rylie and Rodriguez and Zaida in a pinch, I don’t see a way onto the field for her. But competition is a good thing. A lot of veteran/newcomer blending to do

the 2023 roster has been updated.

Reactions: TouchOfGrey
UT’s dental school is part of the UTHSC in Memphis. So she couldn’t have gone to dental school and played softball here.

Per Extra Inning Softball

Big news in the travel ball world as James Lamar and his Lady Dukes organization have finalized a three year, six-figure NIL deal with sports tech company Win Reality.

Win Reality, according to Lamar and his perspective of the corporate relationship, is looking for athletes to represent their brand when they get to college and, if the player accepts it and is a good fit, on the average can make $15K-$25K annually as part of the new NIL arrangement that provides sponsorships to athletes.

Accepted and a good fit!!!!!! Those who pay well will get the best of the best and the downfall of college softball and other programs begins to end in my opinion.

Reactions: Majors
Accepted and a good fit!!!!!! Those who pay well will get the best of the best and the downfall of college softball and other programs begins to end in my opinion.
Lady Dukes have been around for just a few years but have exploded the last two. They have the #1 pitcher in the nation the last few years in Rothrock whos headed to Florida. Their national team is a next level with the talent they already pulled. Now they have another level to offer them nationally to stay on top until other programs can do the same.

Duke of all teams should benefit the most from this deal as they get the first look and relationship built early with Marissa Young married to Lamar.

Haley Lee to OU. This is getting ridiculous.

I must be in the minority. I enjoyed watching Oklahoma play softball this past year. The team excelled at pitching, fielding, hitting, and base running. Basically, they played the way every Division I coach in the country was pushing his/her team to play. It was a thing of beauty, and it was far better than watching two anemic squads going through the motions and demonstrating true mediocrity. It reminded me of UNC soccer with Mia Hamm and UCLA basketball with Bill Walton. Excellence is always something to be respected and honored.

I must be in the minority. I enjoyed watching Oklahoma play softball this past year. The team excelled at pitching, fielding, hitting, and base running. Basically, they played the way every Division I coach in the country was pushing his/her team to play. It was a thing of beauty, and it was far better than watching two anemic squads going through the motions and demonstrating true mediocrity. It reminded me of UNC soccer with Mia Hamm and UCLA basketball with Bill Walton. Excellence is always something to be respected and honored.
I don’t mind it. Under the rules they aren’t doing anything wrong and sports is better when you have a villain.

OU is now literally an all-star team. They are like the Yankees in that you either love them or hate them. The Yankees can buy almost any player they want and OU can portal ‘em.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t mind it. Under the rules they aren’t doing anything wrong and sports is better when you have a villain.
I agree every sport needs a villain, but when your offensive lineup is 6-8 all-americans every year because of the portal it is kind of unfair. Not something you can control as kids will go where they wanna go, but I think maybe putting a limit as to how many transfers a school can take in every season would slow things down a bit.

I agree every sport needs a villain, but when your offensive lineup is 6-8 all-americans every year because of the portal it is kind of unfair. Not something you can control as kids will go where they wanna go, but I think maybe putting a limit as to how many transfers a school can take in every season would slow things down a bit.
I agree, something needs to be done to limit it. At one time the Lady Vols believe it was the 1997 Lady Vols Basketball team had 10-12 High School AA.

To OU's credit, they have some local businesses that value softball to the point that NIL deals have made scholarship limits basically meaningless. So where there previously wouldn't have been money available for kids, they basically have extra now.

UT is taking advantage of this as well, but OU has perfected the pitch when recruiting transfers, convincing them to walk-on and worry about the money later.

VN Store

Back