Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Pitching for the colorado team this summer seemed to me a guiding light for Ashley to return and help us get to the wcws . Lets hope we are ready to hit the darn ball!
Surprisingly defense was not our main issue this season. Hopefully this 6-pitcher staff will be immensely better than this past season’s staff.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Nope but as we got closer to the end it got shoddy. Hitting the ball and not waiting for the perfect pitch was is what has killed us for years!
I think any person who’s played softball knows that when you’re comfortable with a hitting philosophy your approach to the plate becomes like second nature. So although it was frustrating seeing them take pitches I don’t completely blame them.

Pitching for the colorado team this summer seemed to me a guiding light for Ashley to return and help us get to the wcws . Lets hope we are ready to hit the darn ball!

It's hard to be optimistic about the softball program now. We just don't get it done in the clutch anymore. There are always issues, every year, and our hitting regularly disappears in big games.

It's hard to be optimistic about the softball program now. We just don't get it done in the clutch anymore. There are always issues, every year, and our hitting regularly disappears in big games.

I've been in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode for a while and will continue to be.

I've been in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode for a while and will continue to be.
Big fan and ticket holder but the post season has been on a downhill overall trajectory for almost a decade now. Not in the same galaxy as Oklahoma. We should be at least a threat to make the Wcws every year now that is a hard mountain to climb. Can things be turned around? Yes but the fans I sit around are not getting any younger and middle age fans non family related are hard to find.

Been trying to keep up but is this our current roster: Returning:Beautae,Curran,Gibson, Goodloe,Keene,Milloy,Puni,Rogers,Simpson,
Taylor,Underwood,West, & White (13)
Freshmen:
Ahlin,Brockenbrough,Kirkpatrick, MeSusan,Mosley,Orsini,Pannell,Pickens, Rodriguez, & Sarvis (10)
Transfers:
Donihoo, Gottshall, & Koutsoanopulos (3)That’s a total of 26

1) Karen can’t have money for them all?
2) are Goodloe and Underwood coming back?
3) all the seniors posted goodbyes except KP, is she definitely done?
4) haven’t heard a word on Kirkpatrick since it was posted in October that she signed, is she still coming? I believe she was in high school in a Hawaii and don’t know anything about her

Looks like Leach and Rogers beat Team USA again 3-2 which puts them in the semifinal. I’m curious to see who pitched for them because they need an invite.

Been trying to keep up but is this our current roster: Returning:Beautae,Curran,Gibson, Goodloe,Keene,Milloy,Puni,Rogers,Simpson,
Freshmen:
Ahlin,Brockenbrough,Kirkpatrick, MeSusan,Mosley,Orsini,Pannell,Pickens, Rodriguez, & Sarvis (10)
Transfers:

4) haven’t heard a word on Kirkpatrick since it was posted in October that she signed, is she still coming? I believe she was in high school in a Hawaii and don’t know anything about her
I’m sure some of these players have gotten less money only because Ayala and Morgan weren’t on scholarship this past year. Im sure NIL has something to do with some players. I’m sure goodloe and underwood will be back as they both still have @vol_softball in her bio. KP is for sure done. She has “Tennessee Softball Alum” in her bio and posted grad photos.

Freshmen:
Transfers:

I can’t speak on the scholarship distribution for the freshmen, but 5 of the 13 returnees are walk-ons.

Just because someone is or was once listed as a “signee” does not necessarily mean they’re receiving athletic scholarship money.

I’d be surprised if any of the Tennessee kids are receiving money outside of academic scholarships to free up space. To quote Karen on my daughters former teammate being recruited “I have players starting with very little to no money and I have kids not playing with a lot of money”

Last edited:
I can’t speak on the scholarship distribution for the freshmen, but 5 of the 13 returnees are walk-ons.

Just because someone is or was once listed as a “signee” does not necessarily mean they’re receiving athletic scholarship money.
Can you share who the 5 walk-ons are? I was just curious. I’m assuming Goodloe and Underwood. But other than Ashley all the others are out of state. I know they can receive financial aid, academic and other private/local scholarships but that out of state tuition is steep. I know some schools try to work it so they can get in state tuition. But footing a bill, no matter the size, shows that player’s (and parents) desire to be here and part of the program.

Can you share who the 5 walk-ons are? I was just curious. I’m assuming Goodloe and Underwood. But other than Ashley all the others are out of state. I know they can receive financial aid, academic and other private/local scholarships but that out of state tuition is steep. I know some schools try to work it so they can get in state tuition. But footing a bill, no matter the size, shows that player’s (and parents) desire to be here and part of the program.

Goodloe is, as her story was publicized back during the spring. With everyone else, it's better to leave the details unsaid in the era of the transfer portal and tampering rules not being enforced. Opposing coaches have used that kind of info in the past to make some offers. At least one of them would surprise you.

interesting contrast --- reading here the questions about scholarship money for softball players when earlier I was reading about LSU hiring a baseball pitching coach for $750,000 a year --- seems like something is out of whack somewhere

BTW the pitching coach was hired away from the Minnesota Twins, who were paying him less than half what LSU is paying -- that seems odd to me, too

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Goodloe is, as her story was publicized back during the spring. With everyone else, it's better to leave the details unsaid in the era of the transfer portal and tampering rules not being enforced. Opposing coaches have used that kind of info in the past to make some offers. At least one of them would surprise you.

Timing is everything with Ashley putting it out there that she is coming back. To stop the contact that was happening with a certain SEC school/player. Coaches are being creative in using relationships/friendship to make contact with players on other teams.

Timing is everything with Ashley putting it out there that she is coming back. To stop the contact that was happening with a certain SEC school/player. Coaches are being creative in using relationships/friendship to make contact with players on other teams.
Any other details you can offer?

Any other details you can offer?

The contact he’s referring to in that case stopped a few weeks ago, but I don’t think it’s hard to read the tea leaves about the team he’s talking about. They have become by far the worst offender in the country of using current players to get around tampering rules to convince kids to go in the portal. It happened to Tennessee last year, I don’t think there was real danger of it happening again, but they were definitely attempts made.

The contact he’s referring to in that case stopped a few weeks ago, but I don’t think it’s hard to read the tea leaves about the team he’s talking about. They have become by far the worst offender in the country of using current players to get around tampering rules to convince kids to go in the portal. It happened to Tennessee last year, I don’t think there was real danger of it happening again, but they were definitely attempts made.

My bet is that we're talking about Shipman and Alabama here.....

Speaking of Shipman, somebody explain to me how a young woman who was so tied to Tennessee for so long decided to transfer to an SEC rival. I'm sure it was talked about a lot in the past, and I apologize for bringing it up again, but I can't recall the reason(s). Tks.

Speaking of Shipman, somebody explain to me how a young woman who was so tied to Tennessee for so long decided to transfer to an SEC rival. I'm sure it was talked about a lot in the past, and I apologize for bringing it up again, but I can't recall the reason(s). Tks.

In essence, she got tired of being compared to her much more talented and driven sister.

Her boyfriend also left UT, but he wound up at Colorado, so I still have skepticism how much that played into it.

See above.

She had a lot of semi-legitimate reasons, but I think what has become more clear in the time since is that a member of that team was contacting catchers at several schools to replace the one that was graduating from there.

Last edited:
interesting contrast --- reading here the questions about scholarship money for softball players when earlier I was reading about LSU hiring a baseball pitching coach for $750,000 a year --- seems like something is out of whack somewhere

BTW the pitching coach was hired away from the Minnesota Twins, who were paying him less than half what LSU is paying -- that seems odd to me, too

Baseball and softball scholarships need to be upped to 15-16 IMO.

VN Store

Back