Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

BTW, unless Oklahoma State can take a game from them, I don't know that OU loses. Never thought I'd ever see a softball team go undefeated in a season.

It should be noted we have by far been their toughest game all season long. We are the only team to take them to extra innings and the only team to stay within a run other than Utah, who they played in the game after ours. We also have scored, by far, the most runs off them this season, with eight. The next closest are Long Beach State and Baylor with three runs each (both games were run-rule victories for OU).

OU has run-ruled their opponent in 27 out of 33 games they have played, and they have 18 shut outs on the season. Just a ridiculously loaded team. I do wonder, however, what their record would be if they played the #1 SOS -- which is what we have done. They very well could still be undefeated but with fewer run rules.

Lady Vols will have played 13 of the current top 25 by regular season end including 5 of the top 6.

1. Ok
2. UCLA
3. FSU
5. Va Tech
6. Florida
9. Arkansas
15. Washington
16. Georgia
17. Clemson
17. Auburn
20. UCF
22. Oregon State
25. Missouri

Thats a really good schedule. I'm sure there are other schools with just as hard a schedule but they aien't us. I like seeing us play the best.

I just figured the one vote they are getting is from Gasso. I would think she isn’t voting for her own team.

UCLA has two votes in the ESPN/USA Softball poll, which isn’t the coaches poll. OU is unanimous in the coaches poll. And actually UCLA is #3 in that poll (FSU is #2).

Lady Vols will have played 13 of the current top 25 by regular season end including 5 of the top 6.

1. Ok
2. UCLA
3. FSU
5. Va Tech
6. Florida
9. Arkansas
15. Washington
16. Georgia
17. Clemson
17. Auburn
20. UCF
22. Oregon State
25. Missouri

Thats a really good schedule. I'm sure there are other schools with just as hard a schedule but they aien't us. I like seeing us play the best.

We have the #1 SOS in the country. Bama is #2.

Reactions: Rickster
What would you like to see changed if it were your $15M?
Plan is to add second story to softball building which would provide cover to the Lady Vols’ bullpen with offices overlooking the field. The current offices and locker room are woefully inadequate. The problem with the current structure is that all walls, including internal ones, are cinder block which makes any changes to the current configuration extremely more expensive than one would ordinarily think.
SPL was once a state-of-the-art facility but now isn’t even in the top third of conference stadiums. UT recognizes this, and much needed upgrades are on the horizon.

Plan is to add second story to softball building which would provide cover to the Lady Vols’ bullpen with offices overlooking the field. The current offices and locker room are woefully inadequate. The problem with the current structure is that all walls, including internal ones, are cinder block which makes any changes to the current configuration extremely more expensive than one would ordinarily think.
SPL was once a state-of-the-art facility but now isn’t even in the top third of conference stadiums. UT recognizes this, and much needed upgrades are on the horizon.

It would be nice if they added sun screens to protect the fans from that afternoon sun.

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan
Missed this, but Tennessee tapped into the student body and got Shakara Goodloe from Bearden HS as she is now on the roster for OF depth and speed. She played at Chipola before hanging it up and coming back to home. Probably won't see the field but can run like a deer. Saw her in the dugout last night and had to do a double take.

Last edited:
Missed this, but Tennessee tapped into the student body and got Shakara Goodloe from Bearden HS as she is now on the roster for OF depth and speed. She played at Chipola before hanging it up and coming back to home. Probably won't see the field but can run like a deer. Saw her in the dugout last night and had to do a double take.

She's been the #2 option as a pinch runner the last month or so. They hold Fox to run for Gibson when she gets on to do the defensive swap. So Taylor runs first, but Goodloe has been second. I think she's been in 8 or 9 games.

She's been the #2 option as a pinch runner the last month or so. They hold Fox to run for Gibson when she gets on to do the defensive swap. So Taylor runs first, but Goodloe has been second. I think she's been in 8 or 9 games.
Just saw she signed in March. She came back home after the “Chipola experience” and last I heard she was hanging it up. One of the fastest kids I’ve seen on the bases.

VN Store

Back