Tennessee Lady Vol News

This roster is filled with players she would play at Marshall, she knows that won’t cut it here, once I see her make some most I’ll know how to feel moving forward. If winning next year is the goal, some players need to go, we can use a few as backups but that’s about it.
SMH…

This roster is filled with players she would play at Marshall, she knows that won’t cut it here, once I see her make some most I’ll know how to feel moving forward. If winning next year is the goal, some players need to go, we can use a few as backups but that’s about it.
Ok you know her brain… we’ll see. Super curious if we have any recruits lined up to visit. I’m sure we’re getting to that point

Jim, I remember seeing something that made me think Sam may be working the portal for Tennessee, too. Just don't remember where. I just remember thinking either she has the job already, is auditioning for the job, or is just an amazingly generous woman who bleeds orange now and wants to help.

🧡
She better be working if she wants to get paid. It would be a breech of contract if she wasn’t and she would lose her buyout

<iframe src="Facebook" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Still no transfer from Tennessee good sign.

Yeah I feel like if the team makes it through this first week intact it’s unlikely anyone is headed out.

Probably a good thing Pissott and Suarez ended up transferring last season. Neither would have fit her system all that great.

Especially Pissott who will not defend, rebound or play hard. Finally saw her go half throttle in their last couple games of the season. She’s just a lazy player at this point. One of those kids “with league dreams but backyard work ethic. And her parents applaud it.”

One of my favorite Staley quotes, maybe the only one lol.

Yeah I feel like if the team makes it through this first week intact it’s unlikely anyone is headed out.

Probably a good thing Pissott and Suarez ended up transferring last season. Neither would have fit her system all that great.

Especially Pissott who will not defend, rebound or play hard. Finally saw her go half throttle in their last couple games of the season. She’s just a lazy player at this point. One of those kids “with league dreams but backyard work ethic. And her parents applaud it.”

One of my favorite Staley quotes, maybe the only one lol.
I'm happy noone has jumped ship this week -- knock on wood! -- but I'll be nervous until after NEXT week since Kim said workouts will start then. The players may not like her anymore after next week. 😂

I'm happy noone has jumped ship this week -- knock on wood! -- but I'll be nervous until after NEXT week since Kim said workouts will start then. The players may not like her anymore after next week. 😂
I agree completely. Also style of play maybe an issue. Last year at Marshall, Ro Scott, the teams' leading scorer entered the portal six games into the season.

Scott said style of play was not a good fit for her. Scott had been benched after six games and Marshall declined to comment on the transfer.

After losing Scott, a 17 ppg player, Marshall went on to win their conference championship with a 17 and 1 record.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back