Tennessee Lady Vol News

Fun. The secret here seems to be fun. So, so many kids and programs seems not to be having much fun these days. Dawn Staley comes to mind, acts like she's sucking lemons all the time. Sense of humor MIA not just for DS, but for so many. They act like actually enjoying the ride makes you less serious about reaching the destination.

But the LV vibe seems to be team friendship and fun. Huge congrats to the staff for achieving that and I think its the key to the recent recruiting success. What a complete reversal from the bad old days around here a few years ago.
We can praise our program without bringing up another one…I promise

We can praise our program without bringing up another one…I promise
Or, we can give examples to make our point. Great thing about freedom of speech.
4real..keep it respectful 🙏
Truly don't know whether to laugh or cry. You, of all people? Respectful like when you recently threw shade on a LVFL's breast cancer treatment? Please.

Or, we can give examples to make our point. Great thing about freedom of speech.

Truly don't know whether to laugh or cry. You, of all people? Respectful like when you recently threw shade on a LVFL's breast cancer treatment? Please.
That was an opinion, not a point. I’ve seen plenty of videos of Dawn having a good time with her team. Now I’m pissed you have me defending Dawn and SC🙄

That was an opinion, not a point. I’ve seen plenty of videos of Dawn having a good time with her team. Now I’m pissed you have me defending Dawn and SC🙄
Lol sorry about that. I think the reference was relative to the point because its what is currently setting the LVs apart from the others. It's not just Dawn; I don't think Geno has had fun in at least a decade and if he has I definitely don't want the details. There's that coach at Arizona whose always in it with someone, the guy at Oregon that cusses everyone, and Muffett going away mad. Jeff Walz is certainly passionate, but doesn't appear to be alot of fun. With NIL, transfer portal, etc. most coaches seem dogged and dour as opposed to fun. Brilliant move by the LVs to claim that niche. The fun, trendy, up and comer.

What a reversal of role for the LVs and what a miracle for KJH and staff if they keep finding the balance btw fun, family, and still buying into the system. It's so fun to watch.

Lady Vols killing it in the classroom! Highest team GPA in the SEC and 4th in the country! 12 out of 14 players made academic honor roll! So proud of them 🙌🏼

Congrats to them for doing very well but the above isn't quite true.
UT's academic number is fourth highest of any team in the final 2021-22 USA TODAY/WBCA Coaches Poll, with only Virginia Tech (3.611), South Dakota (3.588) and Stanford (3.417) finishing higher.
Lady Vol Team GPA Draws WBCA Special Mention - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: chuckiepoo
SCHEDULE UPDATE 🚨

this schedule is already looking tough add in Stanford and Texas on the road along with the Thanksgiving Tourney and they will be battle tested!

As well as the Homecoming games for TK(NC State/UNC/Duke?) and Jordy (OSU?) and Jojo/Rickea(Michigan/Michigan State?)… one could imagine they’ll ALL be well prepared for the tournament

As well as the Homecoming games for TK(NC State/UNC/Duke?) and Jordy (OSU?) and Jojo/Rickea(Michigan/Michigan State?)… one could imagine they’ll ALL be well prepared for the tournament

Exactly! if they wanted too also they could get a senior game for Jasmine Powell too with her being from Michigan (even though she said she was coming back) you could get her a homecoming game in a LV uniform although she played michigan multiple times in her career. I remember Jordan saying something about the OSU coach mentioning to her if she ever wanted to come home he would try and schedule a game against them.

I'd also like to see Belmont on there since we Play teams from TN every year. I don't know if the Univ of Michigan would schedule us they know we still want revenge haha 😂 But the state of NC has plenty of D1 schools but UNC or NC St would be the best challenges followed by Duke but i don't know if Kara would wanna schedule us either...

VN Store

Back