Tennessee Lady Vol News

The practice films will be like a drink of cool water on a hot day....
SafeColdCoral-size_restricted.gif

Maria did a great write up! Here is an interesting excerpt:

Now that the SEC schedule is out, what about the non-conference opponents? Some already are known because of repeating series with Tennessee set to travel to Texas and Stanford and host UConn. Virginia Tech also will make a trip to Knoxville this season. The Lady Vols will travel to the Bahamas in November for the 2022 Battle 4 Atlantis with a field that includes Gonzaga, Louisville, Marquette, Rutgers, South Dakota State, Texas and UCLA. Matchups are to be determined in the bracket-style tournament.

Indiana also is expected to appear on Tennessee’s schedule at some point – the Lady Vols went to Bloomington in 2020 when both teams needed a game because of pandemic cancellations – and the head coaches expressed an interest then in starting a series. That could happen as soon as this season.

The Lady Vols also have an assortment of seniors, including three now from Michigan, one from North Carolina, one from Ohio and one from Arkansas. The trip to Fayetteville takes care of one case, but, if scheduling arrangements can be negotiated, Tennessee will try to work out others, too. Jordan Horston and Tamari Key are four-year seniors as is Jessie Rennie, but her home is in Australia, so that would be an impossible stretch. Assistant Coach Jon Harper has the primary task of putting together the particulars while consulting with the rest of the staff.

Great article highlighting Tamari's transition from a shy kid into a leader.

Lady Vols’ Key opens door to leadership skills off the court

Some quotes:

Leadership skills

β€œI am glad coaches and people around me pushed me into this and said I have a natural gift and have to use it,” Key said. β€œIt’s been a blessing to be able to grow in my leadership journey. I have learned so much along the way about being vocal and giving grace to people in their situations and how to go about things the right way.”

Key is majoring in communications and says she wants to follow in the footsteps of many other former Lady Vols and become a commentator for ESPN.

β€œThat has been a really good part of this, as well,” Key said. β€œI can be shy, so just stepping into the roles in the conference with public speaking and the communication classes I am taking here has been really, really helpful with that.”

Team chemistry

We have so many different personalities and we just love each other genuinely and it makes me happy,” Key said. β€œI know a lot of teams out there that don’t have the genuine real relationships with teammates and coaches, so I am just thankful for the culture that has been created here with the group of girls we have. It’s really special and it’s been fun to be on the court with them.”

Tamari's goals following this summer's 3x3 competition

β€œJust being able to be a threat offensively and continue to grow my game offensively,” Key said of her offseason goals. β€œI have been known to be a defensive player, but I want to work on my game all the way around and really continue to be a good teammate and play my role.”

Great article highlighting Tamari's transition from a shy kid into a leader.

Lady Vols’ Key opens door to leadership skills off the court

Some quotes:

Leadership skills

β€œI am glad coaches and people around me pushed me into this and said I have a natural gift and have to use it,” Key said. β€œIt’s been a blessing to be able to grow in my leadership journey. I have learned so much along the way about being vocal and giving grace to people in their situations and how to go about things the right way.”

Key is majoring in communications and says she wants to follow in the footsteps of many other former Lady Vols and become a commentator for ESPN.

β€œThat has been a really good part of this, as well,” Key said. β€œI can be shy, so just stepping into the roles in the conference with public speaking and the communication classes I am taking here has been really, really helpful with that.”

Team chemistry

We have so many different personalities and we just love each other genuinely and it makes me happy,” Key said. β€œI know a lot of teams out there that don’t have the genuine real relationships with teammates and coaches, so I am just thankful for the culture that has been created here with the group of girls we have. It’s really special and it’s been fun to be on the court with them.”

Tamari's goals following this summer's 3x3 competition

β€œJust being able to be a threat offensively and continue to grow my game offensively,” Key said of her offseason goals. β€œI have been known to be a defensive player, but I want to work on my game all the way around and really continue to be a good teammate and play my role.”
Wonderful young lady is Tamari Key!

Well they were missing Horston for one, and she played her ass off in that Texas game.

Yeah Green was gone, Horston was messed up and gone, Burrell was back, but never looked right...

Coach Kellie, and her staff, kept that team together and for that effort she deserves a lot of props...It's easy to see why Coach has loaded up with lots of offensive talent...

Fun. The secret here seems to be fun. So, so many kids and programs seems not to be having much fun these days. Dawn Staley comes to mind, acts like she's sucking lemons all the time. Sense of humor MIA not just for DS, but for so many. They act like actually enjoying the ride makes you less serious about reaching the destination.

But the LV vibe seems to be team friendship and fun. Huge congrats to the staff for achieving that and I think its the key to the recent recruiting success. What a complete reversal from the bad old days around here a few years ago.

VN Store

Back