Tennessee Lady Vol News

Might be good for recruiting to point out the relative development of Rae and Westbrook. One was much more highly touted, but the other improved her game more under the tutelage of the coaches at UT.

If you are ranked as high as #2 in high school ! Go to UConn and you may get drafted ?

Or ….. If you are ranked in the top 50 in high school ! Go to UT and get coached up to a first round draft pick !

I hope I did not jinx her ?🤔

If you are ranked as high as #2 in high school ! Go to UConn and you may get drafted ?

Or ….. If you are ranked in the top 50 in high school ! Go to UT and get coached up to a first round draft pick !

Nope, ya didn't !

Reactions: Lucy
I have only just now finished watching after having had to pause it for seeming EVER. I'm so happy for Rae getting to be a first-rounder. And with her movie-star looks, she'll fit right in there in L.A. I'm relieved my fears weren't realized.

I'm also sad our Snoop didn't make the 36. Now I'll be hoping she gets a training camp contract and blows some team away there.

I have only just now finished watching after having had to pause it for seeming EVER. I'm so happy for Rae getting to be a first-rounder. And with her movie-star looks, she'll fit right in there in L.A. I'm relieved my fears weren't realized.

I'm also sad our Snoop didn't make the 36. Now I'll be hoping she gets a training camp contract and blows some team away there.
very sad she wasnt even drafted in the 3rd round I hope some teams reach out one thing for sure she will play in the WNBA someday

Kellie with 2 first rounders in her first three years of coaching... Talk about player development 🤩

Texas also has had the number one VB team. Another LV team has some work to do to make this shared stat even more impressive.

Texas and Tennesse were the last two schools to have separate men and women atheletic departments. We consolidated both departments about 10 years ago.

But to set the record straight, Tennessee's men's golf, men's tennis, men's out-door track and field, and women's outdoor track and field have all been all ranked number 1.

Additionally, men's cross country, men's swimming and diving, women's swimming and diving and women's out-door track and field have all won a national championship before those sports had a national poll.

What God has for her, is for her!

Same. I remember her saying all she wanted was a chance. Well crazier things have happened and I hope things turn out for the best. Also, if she makes a good impression if there is an injury they could bring her back.
The chance to learn from one shoulder Alyssa Thomas and MVP Jonquel Jones another plus!!

Folks, if Alexus can fight like she did in her last two college post seasons, she could make it SOMEwhere. Once they get in the training camp pipeline, coaches and GMs tend to do right by the ones who they see going hard -- whether they have a spot on their roster or not. Word of mouth is everything, so if she can come up with some memorable moments in the Sun's camp, even if she goes on waivers she could still have a chance.

Hard to believe she was only at Tennessee for one year considering how deeply in love I fell for that kid's big heart and bigtime game. I feel as happy for her as if I'd been a supporter for years and years. Players who value rebounding ALWAYS get my heart! 🧡

Pumped Snoop has an opportunity she has such high upside IMO. Really hope she makes a roster. Alyssa Thomas would be an incredible mentor for her. Another player that doesn’t shoot the outside shot but tears teams up.

Pumped Snoop has an opportunity she has such high upside IMO. Really hope she makes a roster. Alyssa Thomas would be an incredible mentor for her. Another player that doesn’t shoot the outside shot but tears teams up.

Hopefully some folks are going to be watching lots of film on all the players now that the hard part is over -- narrowing down the huge list of available players. Anyone who studies Snoop will be impressed by hard she fights for boards. Every. Single. Possession. What team can't use someone who has that built-in instinct? And the way she could find a higher gear when we needed it most was amazing.

One of these days I'm going to go back and count how many games she started that she was the first to score for us. It seemed to me that it was nearly every game she got that first bucket. I always appreciated that. 😁

Do players that get training contracts earn a Salary in the "W" or do they have to make a roster to earn money? Is there a base of some sort for those players? If snoop doesn't make a roster, I would love for her to go work on her game over sea's and come back and try again. jThere is a lot of potential there.

Do players that get training contracts earn a Salary in the "W" or do they have to make a roster to earn money? Is there a base of some sort for those players? If snoop doesn't make a roster, I would love for her to go work on her game over sea's and come back and try again. jThere is a lot of potential there.

I don't know the specific numbers, ir even a ballpark figure, but I'm sure they do earn a salary under their contracts.

Reactions: Dak1219
I don't know the specific numbers, ir even a ballpark figure, but I'm sure they do earn a salary under their contracts.

Yes, the training camp contract includes a salary. The league CBA does not specify an amount so it's probably team-determined and I doubt it's very much. A 2022 rookie contract for an undrafted player who makes the team is only $60K.

undrafted rookies make $60,471 if they make the team. I would assume that amount is divided into evenly weekly payments and if the player makes the team they get the full amount, if they do not, they only get what they made during training camp. Even players who are drafted are also on "Training Camp Contracts" just at a higher figure. So essentially they aren't in the league until the regular season begins.

What is a training camp contract?
A training camp contract is a non-standard contract that is only used in the preseason. Between February 1 and the first day of the regular season, teams may sign players to one-year, non-guaranteed, minimum salaries that aren't added to the salary cap until the first day of the regular season when they become standard contracts if they aren't terminated. Rookies in the first year of their contracts are also considered to be on training camp contracts until the first day of the regular season. Training camp contracts are meant to allow teams to check out many potential players in the preseason and are never included in a team's final salary. Thus, they do not affect the team minimum or league-wide guarantee unless the player makes the team and it becomes a standard contract.
WNBA CBA Info

VN Store

Back