Tennessee Lady Vol News

As of yet I have no idea how to watch (typical for the WNBA in my experience.)

Their streaming is a mess, garbage and makes it hard to watch games. One game will be on Twitter the next on Facebook, the next on YouTube the next only on WNBA app.

Makes it irritating to pay for the WNBA subscription and then a portion of the games are broadcast free on random sites like that. They do not publish streaming information well and you have to go on a damn scavenger hunt to find every game.

If they want better salaries they need to sort that out. That’s making it hard for people to tune in.

People won’t agree, but they also need to put a lid on the identity politics. It’s so rampant in the W. That’s all that’s discussed in every interview. I’m here for BASKETBALL. Do I care about that other stuff? Yes, to a degree, but I’ll make up my own mind. I maintain sports are and always have been intended to be an escape from politics and the sadder realities of the world. Super over it.

Rant over.

Wonderful interview! So. A team outing to the local bowling alley?
Very impressive young woman. Said every right thing. Seems happy to give up some scoring, almost relieved that she doesn't "have" to do it all anymore. Very mature approach about developing her all round game to make her more W ready. Honest that defense is not currently a strength, but she seems to have the physical tools, the smarts, and the coachability to develop that. Sounds like KJH was very honest with what she needs from Jewel. Very excited about this player!

Shout out to Dreya for the recruiting help. Jewel wants to be like Dreya, as does almost everyone else these days. Speaking of alumni we love, I notice Jewel wore #24 for Wake. Have to pick another one, that one's in the rafters for Catch.

Maple Hall is such a fun bowling venue! But hard as heck to get a reservation for a lane. Maybe the BoostHers can have an event there.

Last edited:
Very impressive young woman. Said every right thing. Seems happy to give up some scoring, almost relieved that she doesn't "have" to do it all anymore. Very mature approach about developing her all round game to make her more W ready. Honest that defense is not currently a strenght, but she seems to have the physical tools, the smarts, and the coachability to develop that. Sounds like KJH was very honest with what she needs from Jewel. Very excited about this player!

Shout out to Dreya for the recruiting help. Jewel wants to be like Dreya, as does almost everyone else these days. Speaking of alumni we love, I notice Jewel wore #24 for Wake. Have to pick another one, that one's in the rafters for Catch.

Maple Hall is such a fun bowling venue! But hard as heck to get a reservation for a lane. Maybe the BoostHers can have an event there.
Noticed a slight lisp ala Tamika, but once she relaxed, she was wonderful. One of my heros is George Springer. Never hesitated to do interviews but had a stuttering problem. He continues to improve.

Checked everywhere. Game is not available on livestream as confirmed by Seattle Storm official Twitter. So dumb.

I didn't see the game, but from the play-by-play I hve a feeling Jordan Hirston came out (with 2:20-something left in the first quarter) a little nervous. But by halftime she had settled down and is doing well! Getting points, rebounds, an assist, a steal and a block! I'm so happy for her!

In addition to what she said here, the Lady Vol Boost-Her Club was a big factor in her decision to come here as well.

Joan Cronan hosted a dinner last night with Coach Harper speaking to the LVBHC. We've come a long way, but have a long way to go to compete with the monied interests behind LSU and USCe's NIL collectives supporting women's basketball.

Very impressive young woman. Said every right thing. Seems happy to give up some scoring, almost relieved that she doesn't "have" to do it all anymore. Very mature approach about developing her all round game to make her more W ready. Honest that defense is not currently a strenght, but she seems to have the physical tools, the smarts, and the coachability to develop that. Sounds like KJH was very honest with what she needs from Jewel. Very excited about this player!

Figured up the totals of the five players that could potentially be the starters for Tennessee.

Key has played in 99 games and average 5.82 shots per game and scored 8.89 ppg. That gives her a scoring efficiency of 1.53 which is elite. Of course she hasn't taken enough shots or scored enough points, but I wouldn't expect her numbers to be much better this next season just don't think she will get many more shot attempts than she has been averaging before.

Jackson has played in 102 games and has taken 14.42 shots per game and has averaged 17.2 ppg which gives her a scoring efficiency of 1.19. I think about 15 shots per game and maybe a couple more would be expected from her next season.

Sear has played in 89 games and has taken 12.85 shots per game and averaged 15.56 ppg which is an eff. of 1.21. I think her taking 12 to 13 shots is possible may see that go down to around ten since we have so many more dynamic scorers.

Wells has taken 13.59 shots per games and averaged an amazing 18.07 ppg over her 91 games played. This gives her a 1.33 eff. which is elite for any player and especially outstanding for a point guard. I can see her also averaging around ten shots per game.

Hollingshead has averaged 4.73 shots per game and scored 5.77 points per game for 1.22 scoring eff. She has played in 51 games. I would like to think she would get those shot attempts up about three or four at least.

What you should probably get out of these five players as a group would be something over 65 points per game leaving everyone else on the team to come up with 15 points for the team to average 80 ppg.
The scoring efficiency of these five players comes in at an average of 1.30 which is elite offensive efficiency if they all maintained their efficiency playing on the same team. Efficiency really falls off when you start bringing in the bench players for what they have done to this point in their careers.

I can also see the three pointers at least from an average standpoint jumping quite a bit next season. We went for 198. We are bringing in three players that went for 197 amongst the three of them. Sear 93, Wells 65, Strickland 39. I don't know if we'll jump to 300 made next season, but I can see 250 is being quite reasonable number to reach next season.

I can see us raising our scoring average to over 80 ppg from 77 last season. How well we can defend and rebound will determine what kind of season we'll have.

Hope Rickea and Jewel have a great time and make the team.

On the one hand ya kinda want to see a rule saying members of the selection committee can't select their own players. But on the other hand, it would certainly be unfair to deny a really good and deserving player (or players) a vote when the competition is so strong. I guess they just have to hope those making selections will leave theirbiases out of the process. (Of course, we all know that's not possible for someone with poor ethics)

On the one hand ya kinda want to see a rule saying members of the selection committee can't select their own players. But on the other hand, it would certainly be unfair to deny a really good and deserving player (or players) a vote when the competition is so strong. I guess they just have to hope those making selections will leave theirbiases out of the process. (Of course, we all know that's not possible for someone with poor ethics)
A0D83B2A-BA94-43D7-86FB-BFB7E42AB3CA.jpeg

Hope they don't hurt each other competing to make sure they are not left off the team while the other is chosen! 😅
Please, please don't speak it! Rickea is getting serious courttime the next few weeks. That's great unless . . .
Didn't know Kellie was on the selection committee. Maybe next yr they can make that rule about not selecting their own players. Meanwhile KJH should do her thing, keeping in mind the many shenanigans of Geno's selection history. I don't think Rickea will really need Kellie's help to make this team, but it would be great for Jewel to get on as well. Excellent opportunity for them to get to know each other on and off the court.

View attachment 550948[/QUOTE]
Caption this! Is he handcuffing her? Pinching her butt? Being told to kiss her arse and looking for a spot?

Kellie's going to be with them in Colorado Springs...

Please, please don't speak it! Rickea is getting serious courttime the next few weeks. That's great unless . . .

Didn't know Kellie was on the selection committee. Maybe next yr they can make that rule about not selecting their own players. Meanwhile KJH should do her thing, keeping in mind the many shenanigans of Geno's selection history. I don't think Rickea will really need Kellie's help to make this team, but it would be great for Jewel to get on as well. Excellent opportunity for them to get to know each other on and off the court.

View attachment 550948
Caption this! Is he handcuffing her? Pinching her butt? Being told to kiss her arse and looking for a spot?[/QUOTE]

VN Store

Back