Tennessee Lady Vol News

I'd love to see us be able to win the next four and get to that SC home game at 13 and 1. I would love the opportunity even if a huge underdog to be playing a game at home for a possible SEC regular season Championship. I don't know if we can do it. The road games at Arkansas and Miss St will be tough hard games to win. Vandy and Auburn at home should be wins. It would be a really fun game regardless just to have that opportunity. What we know if you win the next six SEC games you are SEC Champions unless LSU beats SC and doesn't lose a game.

I'd love to see us be able to win the next four and get to that SC home game at 13 and 1. I would love the opportunity even if a huge underdog to be playing a game at home for a possible SEC regular season Championship. I don't know if we can do it. The road games at Arkansas and Miss St will be tough hard games to win. Vandy and Auburn at home should be wins. It would be a really fun game regardless just to have that opportunity. What we know if you win the next six SEC games you are SEC Champions unless LSU beats SC and doesn't lose a game.
13-1 going into the SC game would be great. Can we please have just one nice thing this year? We've been through so much.

I'm most worried about Arkansas, though I am somewhat worried about Miss St. Of course the homecoming they're planning for Rickea will be brutal and the couple hundred fans vocal I'm sure. But they seem to be a team on the decline. Arky lives and dies on the 3 and no doubt will break every school record against us. Some 18% shooter will score 40.

If we can get thru with a good head of steam and 3rd seed, maybe good things will happen at the SEC tourney. One thing I don't want is for LSU to beat SC and have SC seeded second and us third. Even if LSU beats them in reg season, I don't want to play SC in tourney til finals. Rather play LSU again.

13-1 going into the SC game would be great. Can we please have just one nice thing this year? We've been through so much.

I'm most worried about Arkansas, though I am somewhat worried about Miss St. Of course the homecoming they're planning for Rickea will be brutal and the couple hundred fans vocal I'm sure. But they seem to be a team on the decline. Arky lives and dies on the 3 and no doubt will break every school record against us. Some 18% shooter will score 40.

If we can get thru with a good head of steam and 3rd seed, maybe good things will happen at the SEC tourney. One thing I don't want is for LSU to beat SC and have SC seeded second and us third. Even if LSU beats them in reg season, I don't want to play SC in tourney til finals. Rather play LSU again.
I'm thinking if they play the same type control game the rest of the way going through the post and staying away from the three unless they are wide open would be a great way to play. If coach could get Jordan to understand her game is in the paint ten feet and in and get her to stay away from longer shots we will benefit. Play that matchup zone which has so much man to man principles, but also gives you that position player and the second defender on the drives.

I wonder if we could get more in transition. Rickea runs the floor so well, is almost always the first one back. Of course it helps to have the legs of a gazelle. She's also open alot on inbounds plays, but we don't often find her.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Tennessee Women's Basketball Schedule Scores & Stats | WarrenNolan.com

Currently standing at NET 18 and RPI 16 and SOS1. We lost our Q1 win over Ole Miss as they dropped out of the top thirty in the NET. We'll lose out number one SOS ranking when SC plays UConn Sunday but will gain it back when we play them later this season. Maybe even before is the teams we are playing are better than the ones they are playing in the Big East. Overall one bracketology say we are a five seed and Creme says a 7 so were solidly in the tourney somewhere between who you believe number 20 to 28.

Tennessee Women's Basketball Schedule Scores & Stats | WarrenNolan.com

Currently standing at NET 18 and RPI 16 and SOS1. We lost our Q1 win over Ole Miss as they dropped out of the top thirty in the NET. We'll lose out number one SOS ranking when SC plays UConn Sunday but will gain it back when we play them later this season. Maybe even before is the teams we are playing are better than the ones they are playing in the Big East. Overall one bracketology say we are a five seed and Creme says a 7 so were solidly in the tourney somewhere between who you believe number 20 to 28.
I still think the Lady Vols have a chance of making a 4 seed and hosting in Knoxville the first two rounds. An RPI of sixteen and some key wins down the stretch keep them in that hunt.

As someone deeply mired in BVRS (Battered Vol Rickea Syndrome) this was encouraging to see., Especially the things she said about KJH. I live in perpetual, probably irrational fear that something is going to happen again and she will be gone. Anything that talks me off that ledge is helpful.

I love the Jas Franklin reaction face to the pregame pickle eating! JF like yuuuccckkk! Wouldn't have guessed Franklin as an RJ ride or die, must have been all that time at the end of the bench together. Here's another sweet vid of RJ on Franklin, forget her size, it's her heart. And get out of the way when Jas is rebounding:

Note to Cora: Your thesaurus is your friend. When you said an RJ pressor always includes a "laughable" moment, I think you meant "amusing". Laughable is something very different, but we get the point. RJ does communicate quite well and comfortably.

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Vol376
To even have a headline like this shows that people think her coaching is a problem
I think we can say if it doesn't work out that AD White will make a change. Results regardless of how you get it is necessary. So she will have to live with her decisions if they don't work out and accept the consequences.

VN Store

Back