Tennessee-ization of the Guarantano Family

I'm a Realtor in Alabama. Unlike Tennessee, there is state income tax here. Even with that, it's still economically much better than the following states: California, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Illinois, New Jersey and that is just a few. I hear the stories from clients moving here from these places. Property taxes are like buying your house back every year in those places as compared to Tennessee or Alabama. I can see why the JG family might like it here if for no other reason.

Yeah, I guess so. Would like the Knoxville area to at least be livable by the time I can get home to retire. But hey, that's idiotic right?

Yeah, we feel the same way about City folks from Knoxville and Nashville coming into our neck of the woods!

Reactions: RollerVol
You
I'm a Realtor in Alabama. Unlike Tennessee, there is state income tax here. Even with that, it's still economically much better than the following states: California, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Illinois, New Jersey and that is just a few. I hear the stories from clients moving here from these places. Property taxes are like buying your house back every year in those places as compared to Tennessee or Alabama. I can see why the JG family might like it here if for no other reason.
You can add Oregon to that list as well. The exodus to the south is in full swing. I heard Mitsubishi is moving it's headquarters to Nashville ?! Economically it makes sense to do business in the south. Proximity to major markets, labor etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ptcarter
I hope they don't put Drew Richmond in charge of fence construction. They will not be able to keep anyone out of their backyard if that's the case.....

Your hope was realized some time ago. Drew is a USC Trojan, he has let Tennessee you, you need to let him go. Dave "Curlee" Williams has a hold of him now based on recent news from California

Yeah, I guess so. Would like the Knoxville area to at least be livable by the time I can get home to retire. But hey, that's idiotic right?
If you don’t want people to move there, then tell the legislature to implement a 10% state income tax and have local governments increase property taxes by 10 fold.

That would solve the problem.

Man Casey Clausen will always be my favorite UT quarterback... love that dude.....

Damn right Hoss. The Ice Man is and will probably always be my favorite Vol. 14-1 road record. He owned UGA, Bama, and Florida in their houses. On the road Casey was cooler than a polar bears toenails.

VN Store

Back