Tennessee is not going to overlook Kentucky

Which is why it’s laughable that Kentucky fans thinks that Tennessee is overlooking Kentucky.

This is nonsensical optimism since this season Tennessee didn’t overlook Ball State, Tennessee Martin, LSU which was before the Alabama game, etc.
The LSU game should put to rest the idea that CJH is going to let his team overlook anyone. So damn prepared for that game

I keep hearing this argument but I don't see it. Kentucky is ranked and Kentucky won the last time we were in Knoxville.

Also this team was even fired up for UT Martin last Saturday, I just don't see this team over looking Kentucky. I really think that is a lame argument.

The only potential game that I could see Tennessee having a let down maybe that game against Missouri but, it being the last home game, I don't see that one either.
Tennessee is completely not in danger of overlooking any team. That fallacious premise was created by nervous Nellie's to make themselves feel better about being nervous.

I enjoy that David Pollock has the Volunteers on upset alert.
The Wildcats need a any given Saturday to beat a great Volunteers team.

They need to win the turnover battle
Get pressure on Hooker
Win TOP by being able to run the Football

These three is highly achievable for the great Georgia Bulldogs, however for the Kentucky Wildcats it is slim when they play the great Tennessee Volunteers in Rocky Top

Since they are playing in Rocky Top so most likely the Wildcats are going to have issues even if they commit less penalties than the Crimson Tide.

I really don’t see the Wildcats being able to upset a playing great Volunteers team in Rocky Top for the stated reasons above.

Look those coaches, and those guys in that Locker room are to darn close to achieving there preseason goals. Remember CJH told HH let’s go to Atlanta and HH responded by saying “Let’s do it” now they see Atlanta is a real possibility now. No way they overlooking this game and no other one’s.

Last year at KY was a back and forth game. Vols made the plays needed to get the W. This was one of two games with LSU being the other that I felt were must wins. Still is and I believe the Vols will get it done in a hard fought win. GBO!

I hate to say this but I don't like this match up in any shape form or fashion. All the remaining games scare me. I saw a National Chmapionship in 99 and would love to see another before I die which will be soon I'm afraid but one can hope. We have a splendid team but it always seems we fall short. Here's hoping we see this thing through!

I know I sound like a broken record but the nature of Coach Heup’s system and tempo does not allow our team to overlook anyone… you have to be laser focused and locked in to run the tempo we play at that’s why we have yet to have a close call to any inferior teams… they will be locked in and take care of business Vs UK -12.5 will get covered.

Last year at KY was a back and forth game. Vols made the plays needed to get the W. This was one of two games with LSU being the other that I felt were must wins. Still is and I believe the Vols will get it done in a hard fought win. GBO!

Tennessee is a great team that is playing great this year.
That is
Tennessee is completely not in danger of overlooking any team. That fallacious premise was created by nervous Nellie's to make themselves feel better about being nervous.

Also I’m not surprised that Kentucky football fans would seriously say that nonsensical statement since they know Kentucky doesn’t have a realistic chance of defeating the Tennessee Volunteers in Rocky Top.

Kentucky also doesn’t have a defense that could realistically hold Tennessee under 30 points.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Kentucky has no realistic chance to make the College Football Playoffs so this is Kentucky’s SEC Chamionship game.
Tennessee won’t overlook Kentucky.

Kentucky fans are going to have to hope for Tennessee losing the turnover battle for Kentucky to have a realistic chance to win, and for Kentucky to win top with long drives.

TOP is already conceded. It just won't do them any good.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I fully expect KY to pull out every trick in their playbook to try and gain any advantage. I'm willing to bet it begins in the 1st quarter which is a sign of pure desperation. By the 2nd half they'll be like that beaten rented mule mentioned above.

Reactions: Madscientistvol
Tennessee is a great team that is playing great this year.
That is

Also I’m not surprised that Kentucky football fans would seriously say that nonsensical statement since they know Kentucky doesn’t have a realistic chance of defeating the Tennessee Volunteers in Rocky Top.

Kentucky also doesn’t have a defense that could realistically hold Tennessee under 30 points.
They keep trying to apply the transitive property to this game by thinking because they won in 2020 in Knoxville that they got this in the bag. Looking forward to UT breaking it to them on Saturday that this isn't a Pruitt coached team being lead by JG and average 21 points a game...

Reactions: firestorm
It’s fun being the team your opponent’s fans hope they will have a chance against if our guys overlook them. Seems like I’ve read those kind of sentiments expressed by Vol fans in the past, hoping Bama or Georgia “ just might overlook us” and give us some kind of tiny shot at a win. I confess that earlier this season, looking over our schedule and given our recent history under incompetent coaches
I had a concern about “ overlooking Kentucky “. At this point however.. my faith in our coaches, AND the highly motivated young men they are putting on the field, has dispelled those concerns. This should be a good game. Kentucky is no Akron or UT Martin but as good as they are… WGWTFA.

I keep hearing this argument but I don't see it. Kentucky is ranked and Kentucky won the last time we were in Knoxville.

Also this team was even fired up for UT Martin last Saturday, I just don't see this team over looking Kentucky. I really think that is a lame argument.

The only potential game that I could see Tennessee having a let down maybe that game against Missouri but, it being the last home game, I don't see that one either.

This team is older and more mature than most. Led by a 24 year-old QB who is always even keel. They’ve been through hell and are returning this program to glory. I think they really enjoy playing football together and simply don’t have the attitude/culture to overlook a ranked Kentucky team on Rocky Top at night.

CJH hasn't overlooked a team this season and after watching interviews with the future first Heisman winner in UT history, Hendon Hooker, this team isn't over looking anyone. That man has elite QB IQ. Go watch his interview with Matt Leinart if you disagree. I honestly believe The University of Tennessee is prepared and hungry for this game

Look those coaches, and those guys in that Locker room are to darn close to achieving there preseason goals. Remember CJH told HH let’s go to Atlanta and HH responded by saying “Let’s do it” now they see Atlanta is a real possibility now. No way they overlooking this game and no other one’s.

I don't fear a letdown, I only fear a stackup of game changing conditions on offense keeping us from completing drives like we have all year. Where and when we mix in bad bounces, bad breaks, bad reads, bad calls, missed blocks in short yardage, over throws, drops, fumbles and of course GREAT plays by their defense too scares me. If we don't see the punter more than normal, I really like our chances.

With this coaching staff, we don't overlook anyone!! CJH and Staff knows what they are doing unlike the previous buffoons we've had! KY gets beat by 17. GBO!

VN Store

Back