Tennessee in trouble per Dan Patrick

Just read this. Insane.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I played HS ball in the Memphis area in the late 90s when most of the HS coaches with D1 prospects were on the take. As well as guidance counselors with access to change the grades for borderline students with D1 aspirations...

Exactly...this is nothing new and does not need a new post.

No, there is something new here. A top five national sports talk show is not only discussing it now, but claiming to have heard specific info from sources that confirm it.

That adds a layer.

Typical DP... regurgitation of week old information and add a tidbit to garner interest.

He did a far better job at ESPN 'reporting' the news than trying to 'make' the news.

I don't recall him ever being a reporter at espn. I just recall him being a teleprompter reading talking head for Sports Center.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Also “if” Pruitt fired Brumbaugh during the game (as it was reported) in front of players.........he should have been fired himself that very day.

Leaders........don’t do that kind of crap. A good head coach should also be a good leader.

Leaders don’t kick whiteboards. They don’t grab players face masks during games. They keep their cool and push through adversity. He’s never been a leader.

I mean what do we really have to lose? No doubt we will get hammered by the NCAA because they always punish the weak and downtrodden but are we really in trouble? We haven't sniffed the SEC championship game in 13 years. That is punishment enough
Death penalty would be a mercy killing if we’re going to allow the same incompetents to run things.

Show me where the NCAA is even involved? They are not under investigation BY a law firm, They hired one to help them with the investigation.
I mean technically they are under investigation by a law firm. You’re also right that they hired them. It’s an independent investigation. Works better bc an independent firm is less likely to be swayed by allegiance to any party or the university. Also easier to can pruitts ass for cause when and if they find anything. If anyone did anything major they will fire Pruitt for cause.

Keep in mind when Kiffin was under scrutiny and investigation I believe he was still able to make hires.

Reactions: davethevol
Here’s something that should be encouraging. Maybe it’s been mentioned but with Aubbie hiring Freind my guess is they performed some kind of due diligence. If so there might not be much at all to the “investigation”. At least I hope that’s the case.

Reactions: Bennessee01
Here’s something that should be encouraging. Maybe it’s been mentioned but with Aubbie hiring Freind my guess is they performed some kind of due diligence. If so there might not be much at all to the “investigation”. At least I hope that’s the case.

I believe Nieds is the guilty party not Friend

Does anyone else think it’s kind of funny that Tennessee and Georgia are getting investigated for cheating, while Alabama has been stacking 5 stars 3 deep on their roster for the last 10 years? All the while the head men at both Tennessee and Georgia came up under Sabans tutelage. Alabama wrote the damn book on cheating, but the Ncaa just looks the other way in order to protect their cash cow. Smdh.

VN Store

Back