Tennessee hires Rod Clark

Bring me and UT all the former, present and future Sunrise players, please, Mr. Clark

I'm all for giving a young coach a chance but his resume is not impressive so I don't understand all the excitement with this hire. People on here were freaking out about Josh Heupel being hired and he actually did have a good resume, so what's the difference? Is it just something I'm not seeing? 🤔

I'm all for giving a young coach a chance but his resume is not impressive so I don't understand all the excitement with this hire. People on here were freaking out about Josh Heupel being hired and he actually did have a good resume, so what's the difference? Is it just something I'm not seeing? 🤔

Yes. Most likely do to the fact that you are seeing the eye of a needle in terms of what there is to see.

It’s definitely a “potential” type of hire Barnes sees a lot of potential from him with recruiting and his knowledge of film and head coaching in HS

Resume isn't all that different than Kim English's resume when he was hired by Barnes two years ago, and he was universally adored by our fans. Barnes has been lights out on assistant coach hires at Tennessee (every single assistant, past and present has taken or turned down head coaching opportunities), so I think we just give this one a shot.

It’s definitely a “potential” type of hire Barnes sees a lot of potential from him with recruiting and his knowledge of film and head coaching in HS
You might be right but coaching at a small college or at the HS lever does not even compare to coaching in the SEC. Can you also tell me who he as recruited at the college level that is a home run? I was all for hiring George Quarles as an assistant for our offense and people said I was crazy. About the same resume so what's the difference?

Resume isn't all that different than Kim English's resume when he was hired by Barnes two years ago, and he was universally adored by our fans. Barnes has been lights out on assistant coach hires at Tennessee (every single assistant, past and present has taken or turned down head coaching opportunities), so I think we just give this one a shot.
Like I said, I believe in giving young coaches a chance but just couldn't understand all the hype. I hope he is one of the best and does great at UT. Go Vols!

You might be right but coaching at a small college or at the HS lever does not even compare to coaching in the SEC. Can you also tell me who he as recruited at the college level that is a home run? I was all for hiring George Quarles as an assistant for our offense and people said I was crazy. About the same resume so what's the difference?
The difference is Rick Barnes has been coaching successfully for over 30 years and knows what he is doing when it comes to filling out his staff I suppose.

Yes. Most likely do to the fact that you are seeing the eye of a needle in terms of what there is to see.
Please do tell since your so incredibly intelligent when it comes to this. Like I said before, I am all for giving this young man a chance but I just didn't see all the hype. I could see it if he was an assistant already coaching and recruiting at a major program. That is the reaction I see from others so I just questioned why?

Reactions: Flovol

VN Store

Back