Tennessee has no shooters

Roustabout

This will be our downfall this year. We play good defense and have a descent post game but we don’t have any consistent shooters this year. We will see how the year plays out but I don’t see a pure one on the team.
They have shooters, just no offensive strategy to use them.

BreatheUT

You have to get points from the post to get open looks. Teams don't have to really respect our inside scoring right now. Fulky and Pons seem to have regressed offensively this year.
That is what is disappointing right now so our guards are having to attack the lane to compensate for it. I also think Anosike was overhyped. Walker Jr was expected to bring a little pop and hasn't played. The rest of the guys down low need more experience and aren't major contributors this year.

vol94

Here come the experts
Think the OP was just making a comment. It’s one game but we didn’t shoot well. Going to be a fun team to watch and one that can (and may) be final four bound. I would like to have someone who is our “go to” person when we need a bucket. Its not going to be Fulky or Pons.

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
You have to get points from the post to get open looks. Teams don't have to really respect our inside scoring right now. Fulky and Pons seem to have regressed offensively this year.
I'm not going to say they've regressed, but it is a little disappointing we couldn't dominate them in the post when they're playing 5 guards.

BreatheUT

Think the OP was just making a comment. It’s one game but we didn’t shoot well. Going to be a fun team to watch and one that can (and may) be final four bound. I would like to have someone who is our “go to” person when we need a bucket. Its not going to be Fulky or Pons.
I had high hopes but I think you're right. I think it will be Bailey or Springer. Johnson defense is ahead of his offense. James acts like he can't get off a shot.

creekerballer

VP of Drunken Relations
We are not devoid, but if I’m the opposing coach I would live with forcing us to take deep shots, especially if it’s not Vescovi or Springer and occasionally Bailey.

RockyTop140

I think it’s our post scoring that’s bad. Fulkerson and pons are basically our only legitimate post scoring options. Pons can hit the post fade-away but is inconsistent, Fulkerson gets out muscled against any other sec post players. Barnes needs to land some stud big men.

1985Vols

This will be our downfall this year. We play good defense and have a descent post game but we don’t have any consistent shooters this year. We will see how the year plays out but I don’t see a pure one on the team.
Agree. We need some “ consistent” shooters. However, not really seeing anything to make me think we have a decent post game. We basically got nothing from our post players tonight

VN Store

Sponsors