Tennessee-Georgia a chess match between undefeated teams

A look at how Todd Monken has implemented Air Raid concepts to compliment a running game this season at Georgia. Jeremy Pruitt has schemed against these concepts since his time at Hoover.

Tennessee-Georgia 'a chess match' between undefeated teams

Maybe it was just a misperception from me, but I always thought of Vols Wire as like a Associated press type news reporting, which was not really providing any info that we didn't already know. However, I will say they've been putting out some nice Xs and Os articles breaking things down this year, which is something that other other outlets do not do as far as I'm concerned, so it's something new and different to read.

Sorry I'm lazy. What about before that? All I can remember is playing Florida at the beginning of the year for a long time and we all know how that went.

Unless JG really "wakes up", UT has to drag UGA into a defensive and field position battle. I believe UT has more D talent and is a better D than Ark or Aub. I was surprised at how bad Auburn was vs a pretty suspect UGA OL.

UGA has not been great running the ball against two D's... that are pretty bad against the run. UK ran much better vs Auburn than UGA did.

This is one of those games when not having a "playmaker" at QB hurts. Hopefully the lights come on.

Unless JG really "wakes up", UT has to drag UGA into a defensive and field position battle. I believe UT has more D talent and is a better D than Ark or Aub. I was surprised at how bad Auburn was vs a pretty suspect UGA OL.

UGA has not been great running the ball against two D's... that are pretty bad against the run. UK ran much better vs Auburn than UGA did.

This is one of those games when not having a "playmaker" at QB hurts. Hopefully the lights come on.
Kentucky runs a spread that runs 90% of the Time! I’m still trying to process what you said about Georgia’s ol! Suspect? 😂 ok I’ll check back with you guys this Sunday

Kentucky runs a spread that runs 90% of the Time! I’m still trying to process what you said about Georgia’s ol! Suspect? 😂 ok I’ll check back with you guys this Sunday
Not my words. Announcers in both games have referenced concerns about UGA's OL. In the last game, they talked about how slow and sluggish they looked. No one in their right mind would argue that UGA is dominating in the run game like they have in years past.

IMHO, White is the most talented RB in the SEC. I don't think he or Cook are the problem.

1959 was the last time we started 2-0 in conference where those were our first two games, so 2-0 overall. We opened with home wins over Auburn and Mississippi State.

VN Store

Back