Tennessee Football | Early Enrollee Move In 2019

It's good to see so many of the new guys putting focus on getting an education. With the amount of tutoring and resources available to them, it'd be a crime not to come out of UT with a quality degree.

Most beautiful campus in the greatest college town in America--and I haven't lived on that campus for the past 35 years.
44 years for me. And I remember that first day of registration in the old Stokeley Athletics Center like it was yesterday. And the drop/add lines. It took an hour or more to find out the course section you wanted was full. Had to start from scratch and stand in line for another hour. I suspect these new guys don't have to spend an hour standing in a drop/add line. Thornton Center takes care of that for them.

Most beautiful campus in the greatest college town in America--and I haven't lived on that campus for the past 35 years.
If you ignore the constant construction zones and closed streets :p

They are constantly improving the campus, I know.

Cumberland avenue looks like a different world now compared to 10 years ago.

36 for me

37 years for me since my graduation. My era included Sam and Andys, The Library, Last Lap, Yosemite Sams, The End Zone, Uncle Sams, 3 for 1 Thursdays at Ivey's, cheeseburgers at Hess Hall's The Zoo, char broiled cheeseburgers at.......dang, what was that dorm/cafeteria on the other side of Cumberland across the walk bridge next to Clement? There was also a food truck that parked outside of Hess Hall 3 or 4 times per week. You could get 3 chili dogs with onions for like a $1.10. A run down to the convenient store to get a 89 cent quart of cheap beer, turn on Johnny Carson and the weekday evening was complete.

37 years for me since my graduation. My era included Sam and Andys, The Library, Last Lap, Yosemite Sams, The End Zone, Uncle Sams, 3 for 1 Thursdays at Ivey's, cheeseburgers at Hess Hall's The Zoo, char broiled cheeseburgers at.......dang, what was that dorm/cafeteria on the other side of Cumberland across the walk bridge next to Clement? There was also a food truck that parked outside of Hess Hall 3 or 4 times per week. You could get 3 chili dogs with onions for like a $1.10. A run down to the convenient store to get a 89 cent quart of cheap beer, turn on Johnny Carson and the weekday evening was complete.
Oh man, now you've got me going. All the stuff you said. Plus The Torch restaurant on the corner of 17 St. and Cumberland. Krystal. Deli sandwiches. Johnny Carson on TV in the 2nd floor lounge of Greeve Hall (men's dorm back then). That cafeteria across Cumberland bridge next to Clement was Sophie's Place. Part of the old Strong Hall. Ate there 90% of the time on the meal plan living on 6th floor of Greeve. Also, Smokey's Palace and The Rafters in the old Student Center.

Oh man, now you've got me going. All the stuff you said. Plus The Torch restaurant on the corner of 17 St. and Cumberland. Krystal. Deli sandwiches. Johnny Carson on TV in the 2nd floor lounge of Greeve Hall (men's dorm back then). That cafeteria across Cumberland bridge next to Clement was Sophie's Place. Part of the old Strong Hall. Ate there 90% of the time on the meal plan living on 6th floor of Greeve. Also, Smokey's Palace and The Rafters in the old Student Center.

Yes, Sophie's! How could I not remember that? Those burgers and fries were as good as any restaurant. Couple of places I didn't mention in my previous post............Hymies and Horizons in the Shelbourne Towers.

Munchy's pizza delivery. The original Sam and Andy's. The cops blocked off the strip to let the streakers have their way. I watched a bunch of clowns mooning the street from the roof of a men's clothing store until the roof collapsed. Hilarious. (around '72-'73).

VN Store

Back