*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

publicly announcing they've decided on an OC is who's move? iyam, if this is a PR move, its a bad one.

I feel like the current state of things is that everyone is putting in their bids for Freeze. So that's us, Bama, aub, FSU, and liberty.

Freeze wants a multi year deal and a path back to power 5 hc. So obviously Bama is in the driver's seat and aub is out of contention.

What could we realistically give Freeze so that he would choose us over Bama?

Reactions: Zues1
Jim Chaney is a possibility. His contract is up this year, loves Knoxville and is paid under $1 million currently. I think this would be a good direction to go. He was really good when he was here with Dooley there was just no defense.

I feel like the current state of things is that everyone is putting in their bids for Freeze. So that's us, Bama, aub, FSU, and liberty.

Freeze wants a multi year deal and a path back to power 5 hc. So obviously Bama is in the driver's seat and aub is out of contention.

JP to Freeze: “Well, he’s never done this before, but seeing as its special circumstances and all, he says I can knock $100 off that Trucoat.”

Reactions: UTwild82

The best dental care that money can buy.

Jim Chaney is a possibility. His contract is up this year, loves Knoxville and is paid under $1 million currently. I think this would be a good direction to go. He was really good when he was here with Dooley there was just no defense.
Pruitt would never do it because Chaney would want to bring Pittman, Pruitt isn't going to show Will Friend the door.

Reactions: onevol74

Playing time?
True, Dooley era we had some offense for sure & solid talent as well.

Pruitt would never do it because Chaney would want to bring Pittman, Pruitt isn't going to show Will Friend the door.

Pittman not leaving Georgia.

I'm good with NC States's OC at this point. We just need to make the hire and move on. If Weinke moves on then hire Tee to be a position coach. With these early signing periods we don't need to waste time like we are doing.

Reactions: vol1950
publicly announcing they've decided on an OC is who's move? iyam, if this is a PR move, its a bad one.

When it comes to hiring, never trust ANY information unless it comes directly from the University. Look at the source of this announcement in the opening post. Have you ever heard of “The Midday 180?” No representative of the University would ever say that it’s 95% done....

This was another hose job.

I personally think all signs point to Matt Canada or Rush Propst, with Canada being the most likely. I am purely speculating based on observations of what has, and is, transpiring with this search and with other hirings, firings, etc. If it is Canada, no reason why the announcement does not come soon, now the Maryland HC job has been filled. But the longer it is delayed, maybe it points more to Propst. Maybe wanting to let him finish out the season with high school championship games?

Going on this long you have to think that they are scrambling.

If Pruitt wants Briles and Phil vetos then CJP needs to go to Fulmer and ask him who the hell can I hire? Someone needs to cut to the chase.

Reactions: vol1950

VN Store

Back