*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Basilio further says there is internal resistance at TN. Does not have to do with the Haslams.
I don't get it and I admit Im just ignorant on the whole situation. Its an OC postion on a football team, not the President of the university. Get errybody together and make a friggin decision and pull the trigger.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Let’s be real. At this point we know it’s not the BOT, the Haslams or Pruitt. Guess who’s left?
Why are we so sure it isn't the BoT? I don't care what Boyd said. It may not be him specifically but Austin Price said this morning the push back was coming from up top. Id imagine you are insinuating PF is the culprit. If he was I couldn't imagine CJP would have even interviewed Freeze

Reactions: OneVolNation
Let’s be real. At this point we know it’s not the BOT, the Haslams or Pruitt. Guess who’s left?

I'm mixed on this. I really don't think Fulmer is gonna be heavy handed in deciding this.

I heard an interesting take from Barnhart on SEC Now on Saturday prior to the SEC title game talking about the evolution of offenses in the SEC.

He basically said that Saban tried his best to keep the fast pace, high scoring offenses from taking hold in the SEC and got to a point where he said "Okay guys (other teams), you wanna start playing offense this way? Let's go then" and went out and hired Kiffin and then kept recruiting guys and landed on Tua.

I know the Stubborn jokes will happen with Phil, but being out of the game for 10 years and seeing the evolution, there is no way (In my humble opinion) that Fulmer would block Freeze or wait it out because he doesn't like the style of football. Fulmer more than anyone should know that the run, run, pass offense is a thing of the past. I wasn't upset or disgruntled with Helton's play calling this year at all and didn't think he deserved to be fired like some. He got a promotion and that is the only reason he left.

Do I think Phil may be hesitant about hiring a "flashy" name because of how it happened with Clawson? Sure, but this is Pruitt's hire. Up to Pruitt to sell Freeze even though Freeze needs no selling.

If it comes out that Phil roadblocked the hiring of Freeze for some letdown like Enos, or What's his name (NC State), or promoting from within, I will be majorly disappointed. Coach Fulmer is the first memory I have of UT Football. Was 9 when we won the Natty. Don't remember much, but remember very clearly being at a watch party when it went down. As a 19 year old, I was very sad when he got forced out. Am I glad he led the charge against the old guard and got in there? Hell yes. Am I glad that he is putting football first over other sports? Yes.

I think Fulmer gets a bad rap from a bunch of kneejerk fans. I think highly of the guy, but if it comes out he stopped Freeze from being Hired, I will legitimately be upset and at the point of writing off Tennessee Football.

Reactions: Gandalf
this whole process always makes me want to break a bat or something similar over my knee Bo Jackson style. it's maddening.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I'm mixed on this. I really don't think Fulmer is gonna be heavy handed in deciding this.

I heard an interesting take from Barnhart on SEC Now on Saturday prior to the SEC title game talking about the evolution of offenses in the SEC.

He basically said that Saban tried his best to keep the fast pace, high scoring offenses from taking hold in the SEC and got to a point where he said "Okay guys (other teams), you wanna start playing offense this way? Let's go then" and went out and hired Kiffin and then kept recruiting guys and landed on Tua.

I know the Stubborn jokes will happen with Phil, but being out of the game for 10 years and seeing the evolution, there is no way (In my humble opinion) that Fulmer would block Freeze or wait it out because he doesn't like the style of football. Fulmer more than anyone should know that the run, run, pass offense is a thing of the past. I wasn't upset or disgruntled with Helton's play calling this year at all and didn't think he deserved to be fired like some. He got a promotion and that is the only reason he left.

Do I think Phil may be hesitant about hiring a "flashy" name because of how it happened with Clawson? Sure, but this is Pruitt's hire. Up to Pruitt to sell Freeze even though Freeze needs no selling.

If it comes out that Phil roadblocked the hiring of Freeze for some letdown like Enos, or What's his name (NC State), or promoting from within, I will be majorly disappointed. Coach Fulmer is the first memory I have of UT Football. Was 9 when we won the Natty. Don't remember much, but remember very clearly being at a watch party when it went down. As a 19 year old, I was very sad when he got forced out. Am I glad he led the charge against the old guard and got in there? Hell yes. Am I glad that he is putting football first over other sports? Yes.

I think Fulmer gets a bad rap from a bunch of kneejerk fans. I think highly of the guy, but if it comes out he stopped Freeze from being Hired, I will legitimately be upset and at the point of writing off Tennessee Football.
If Fulmer wants to continue being AD he had better push for who Pruitt wants as OC. They both will be gone pretty fast as offensive side is a train wreck.

Chris Low had said yesterday or today. Hopefully it gets announced today

Can’t understand how Kansas was able to quickly hire Lindsey and we are still kind of hanging around trying to figure things out.

Maybe they have been looking since Les was hired. That was a little over two weeks ago. USC was looking for an OC for about a week and they finally got Kliff today. If it is Freeze, he has a few skeletons in his closet. Maybe due diligence just takes a little longer. Who knows. All rumors at this point anyways.

Reactions: whipple218
Basilio further says there is internal resistance at TN. Does not have to do with the Haslams.
Fulmer will do what he needs to do, which is advise and support Pruitt. No one else will influence this decision. No one person has the influence that Fulmer has right now.

• Nashville radio host Chad Withrow: "I think Tennessee is looking more into these stories from Briarcrest than anything that happened at Ole Miss before offering Freeze."

VN Store

Back