*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

This thread echos the entirety of the FF in the prevalence of Chicken Littles.

News Flash: The sky is not falling. Tennessee will fill the opening on its football coaching staff. The hire will not govern the fate of Volunteers football.
Just return recently from a fifteen-year visit under a rock in another hemisphere?

If that is viable information then he should be able to state the problem. But I am sure he will just use it for baiting his audience who follows him anywhere.
Swain said he had heard it was Charlie Anderson holding it up but didn’t confirm. Sounded like the Briarcrest article might have given folks pause.

Why don't we hire Pinson Valley, Alabama head coach Patrick Nix. He has been OC at Ga. Tech, pre-Johnson, OC at Miami, and has a 4-star QB son named Bo and a little brother, Caleb, following right behind. Oh, his team is in the 6A state finals for the 2nd straight year after winning it a year ago. That should give you guys something to talk about and think about.

Why don't we hire Pinson Valley, Alabama head coach Patrick Nix. He has been OC at Ga. Tech, pre-Johnson, OC at Miami, and has a 4-star QB son named Bo and a little brother, Caleb, following right behind. Oh, his team is in the 6A state finals for the 2nd straight year after winning it a year ago. That should give you guys something to talk about and think about.
His son is about to be the starting QB at Auburn, great coach though I agree.

Fans are looking for a well-known name. Someone with proven D1 success. Coach O has a great offensive mind. And like every successful OC today, he needs a chance to showcase his talent just to prove his worth. No OC was great until his turn came. One day he'll get his shot, and it will probably come before many other position coaches on the staff like Weinke and Niedermeyer.

Just saying you have George Quarles as the OC at Furman.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
You are giving Fulmer way too much credit.

Phil looked like an empty suit in his interview with the Birmingham Baldy. He spoke like a school boy trying to say the right but meaningless and hollow thing. It was worse than watching Jones spout jargon.

Reactions: Zues1
LOL okay...Not.

Based on how Pruitt was during the first coaching hires, and the choices he made then. I believe people should focus on direct connections. Guys he was on staff with...a few names:

Bryan McClendon
Lawrence Dawsey
Doug Nussmeier
Curt Cignetti (even coached with Johnny Majors)
Burton Burns

Where does the search go from here?
Why do you think the "search" has ever gotten off course? My guess is that the "search" is ongoing and moving in the direction that Pruitt wants. Everything you and all the others caught up in this hysteria to date have offered forward is pure speculation without a shred of actual evidence of anything that has been reported, all just here say nonsense. So my guess is that the men in charge of the "search" are not looking at each other and saying where do we go now?

Just left Wrights Cafeteria, I ask David if he had any info on the OC search. He gave me some extra mashed potatoes and just smiled. I think he knows something.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
Swain said he had heard it was Charlie Anderson holding it up but didn’t confirm. Sounded like the Briarcrest article might have given folks pause.

It did me, I was ok with Freeze until I read that and based on everything else, he’s just seems too sleezy and creepy for me.

VN Store

Back