*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Quick hire doesn’t scream that to me. It tells me Pruitt knew about it and had some serious conversations before it came out.

Delayed announcement leads me to believe an underwhelming hire.
Except all the best candidates should be preparing for bowls, and playoffs and would not be announced now....

Not sure why Lindsey would even be in consideration. The dude isn’t even mediocre
He’s respected enough by one of the best offensive minds in college football to be his OC, so he must not be terrible. Auburn’s struggles predate his arrival. He’s probably better than people think

Was this reported somewhere?
It was reported that Gus has renegotiated his terms and they are well, stupid on his part to say the least. His buyout reduced, he cannot fire Chip and if he fired any other assistants, he has to pay the buyout. Also, if someone is fired and replaced, they have to have the same salary as the current coach. So basically he is stuck with his staff

Thats how i read it anyway.

It was reported that Gus has renegotiated his terms and they are well, stupid on his part to say the least. His buyout reduced, he cannot fire Chip and if he fired any other assistants, he has to pay the buyout. Also, if someone is fired and replaced, they have to have the same salary as the current coach. So basically he is stuck with his staff

Thats how i read it anyway.
Wow. He must genuinely believe in his guys. We always hear coaches say they want what’s best for their staff and players. Gus putting his money where his mouth is. Gotta respect that.

Unfortunately for him, the Auburn administration is probably not as loyal and they’ll all be looking for jobs this time next year unless they somehow pull off a 10 win season

Reactions: Voltrapnbama

VN Store

Back