*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

So lindsey is off the list. Listening to doug mathews a few minutes ago he spent way to Much time on the hire within solution. Actually he covered all options and stayed non commital on it all. Total waste of time. Doug just wants to keep his ratings up.

I wouldn't say Lindsey is off the list, I think Gus's new contract costs him some buyout money if he fires Lindsey, but I believe if Lindsey wanted to he can leave.

I am not a fan of Freeze because of all of the turmoil that surrounded Ole Miss during his tenure. But with that said, I think that if he is hired he will provide a spark as long as he is willing to invest more into the running game than in previous offenses that he has ran. He would also be a great recruiting asset. He does have some bad press, but he is a household name regardless and he knows how to find a recruit talent. There will be some chastising that comes with hiring Freeze, but he may be a good spark if CJP and CPF choose to go that route.

Isn't footballscoop more of a parody site than actual information? Have they ever been right about anything?

I wouldn't put any stock into FootballScoop. They clearly have no idea what's going on.

(On Hugh Freeze): "I don't think that's completely dead. I don't. I won't be shocked at all if Jeremy Pruitt and Hugh Freeze have not had some conversations. If Jeremy Pruitt decided he wanted to hire Hugh Freeze, and he's not made that decision, that he wouldn't go to Phillip Fulmer and say this is what I want to do and then have a conversation about it. I don't think that one is by any means dead in the water. I think a year ago that wasn't going to happen because of the SEC and where things were with Hugh Freeze leaving Ole Miss. I still don't think he's a leading candidate or anything like that, but I think it would be unrealistic to say there's absolutely no shot there, so we'll see what happens."
--Hubbs on Nasvhille radio today.

Bottom of the first post in this thread is updated with everything, I believe, that we know from today so far.

Reactions: LMU-Law UT-Love

VN Store

Back