Tennessee Football boldly supporting BLM

For the most part I agree that it’s a scam. That doesn’t mean there are not real problems that needs a solution. And the Message has been stolen by the rioters. But again that doesn’t mean we stop trying to affect change.

Yes, there are real problems needing solutions, but where do the problems originate and who continues them. In your point about black women and abortion I certainly get the point, but who besides those black women set themselves up for needing/wanting an abortion? Except in terms of rape (which still remains illegal), pregnancy is basically a choice - sometimes the choice simply being prepared to abstain or take preventive measures. Hopefully we can acknowledge that is personal choice and not systemic incompetence on the part of black women.

To me the biggest issue here is and always has been one element - education, and whether people chose to take advantage of it or choose to fail. I hope we don't believe that some races or ethnicities are unable to learn rather than believe that their social systems don't value education. My cardiologist (for 30+ years) is black; I have literally put my life in his hands. By percentage your faith (as I recall) turns out tons more doctors than the black population, and that same faith has faced real systemic "racism" (for lack of a better term). Life is what we make of it - starting at a time we ourselves are guided by parents and other adults; if those who guide go with the message that you are and have been oppressed and can't get by in this other person's world, how do we expect those children to succeed?

Yes, there are real problems needing solutions, but where do the problems originate and who continues them. In your point about black women and abortion I certainly get the point, but who besides those black women set themselves up for needing/wanting an abortion? Except in terms of rape (which still remains illegal), pregnancy is basically a choice - sometimes the choice simply being prepared to abstain or take preventive measures. Hopefully we can acknowledge that is personal choice and not systemic incompetence on the part of black women.

To me the biggest issue here is and always has been one element - education, and whether people chose to take advantage of it or choose to fail. I hope we don't believe that some races or ethnicities are unable to learn rather than believe that their social systems don't value education. My cardiologist (for 30+ years) is black; I have literally put my life in his hands. By percentage your faith (as I recall) turns out tons more doctors than the black population, and that same faith has faced real systemic "racism" (for lack of a better term). Life is what we make of it - starting at a time we ourselves are guided by parents and other adults; if those who guide go with the message that you are and have been oppressed and can't get by in this other person's world, how do we expect those children to succeed?

Ha...would not happen to be Dr L... would it?

Reactions: AM64
Lol you're way out of your depth here
How exactly?
there have been half a dozen investigations costing millions of taxpayer money, that is including Mueller’s investigation. The great Mueller, they had freaking comic books and children’s books about him and how his investigation would prove this baseless conspiracy theory once and for all.
Every single investigation, every single one has concluded the same thing. DONALD TRUMP AND HIS CAMPAIGN DID NOT CONSPIRE WITH RUSSIA!
This ridiculous smear needs to be put to bed. It’s exhausting and makes you look like a complete gullible fool. There are far more legitimate reasons to dislike our president than this one. Let. It. Go.

The “slogan” is the name of the radical organization.

Read this

https://blacklivesmatter.com/six-years-strong/

They try to paint George Zimmerman as a white man (white passing person) being supported/celebrated by white supremacists.

The whole organization is based on lies.

That doesn’t mean I ever supported George Zimmerman. It’s just a fact.

Earlier in the summer there was a guy who apparently saw himself as a spokesman of sorts for the black community claiming that black people didn't turn out for Covid-19 testing in their neighborhood because the National Guard was there in uniform to support the testing. So how do the people of a community become afraid of a "symbol"? The aren't born that way surely; they are made that way - I'd guess the "spokesman" was one of their teachers. How else do you decide that people who have elected to protect you become your enemy?

As a matter of fact, he is. I was one of his very first patients here if we are talking the same doctor.
I am sure we are. My 80 yo mother is a patient and loves him as she had him since 1989. Small world.

Reactions: AM64
I whole-heatedly support the right of students, staff, and players to assemble and march, as long as they are not engaging in unlawful violence or destruction. That's freedom, and it's supported by our Constitution.

That being said, don't tell me the kids can't go to class, hang out at private parties, or fill the football stadium.

I get that for impoverished and uneducated youth. But not for youth on a college campus.

I was at UT during the Vietnam war - twice, in fact. I quit in 1967 as a junior and enlisted in the Army and returned a few years later. I saw the anti-war crowd on campus. Youth on any college campus are just as easily led as any other group - they are frequently just more snobs about it and consider themselves more intellectually qualified - without any real life experience other than living the "good life" usually on mom and dad's or borrowed money.

I am not denying the origin, just stating the recent accelerant. Those hundreds of generals were removed for a reason and who knows what other career bureaucrats who now have ever increasing power. The legacy lives on.
Agreed - the entire situation just reminds me of the line from this speech “infiltration instead of invasion”

Progressivism is a cancer that has metastasized on American society. Hope we find a cure and soon.

I whole-heatedly support the right of students, staff, and players to assemble and march, as long as they are not engaging in unlawful violence or destruction. That's freedom, and it's supported by our Constitution.

That being said, don't tell me the kids can't go to class, hang out at private parties, or fill the football stadium.
And UT better tread lightly with the discipline for college kids who had/went to a party.

Reactions: BP4Prez and oz615
Been watching UT football for 26 years, and was born a diehard fan. This will be the first year I won't be watching the games, and I won't until politics are gone from the sport. Sports are supposed to be an escape from real life, not a platform for politics.

Once again, especially rich considering you've been getting swindled by a Russian troll for years on end.
Sooooon.
Look I dislike Trump. But you should take a moment to look into the allegations of collusion. They aren’t proven by any means. . Senate intel report appendix written by Dems said no overarching proof. Mueller basically proved Russians wanted Trump and did what they could to help. But again no proof of collusion. At the end of the day Russia wanted Trump. Putin loathed Hillary.

These 11 Mueller Report Myths Just Won’t Die

Reactions: NEO
15 years ago nobody would of comprehended this foolishness at such unprecedented speed. Now what person is relevant to accelerating this over half this 15 year period and have the power to implement with increasingly powerful bureaucrats?

In a lot of ways though this is no different from the civil rights protests of the 60's or anti-war protests of the 60s and 70s - often carried out by people with a vested interest but initiated and prodded into life by outside interests. What hurts the US helps other countries vying for world recognition and leadership. Most movements have an initiating event - the Watts riot is a great example, but it takes the right atmosphere and some dedicated prodding to keep it going. You can't discount the internet - remember it got Trump elected.

One significant point probably more true now than at any other time in history is that politicians will sell their souls (and ours) in return for votes, and Biden et al are gambling that there are more votes to be gained by civil unrest than by putting an end to violence. The funny thing would be for Biden to lose the election to a voting public fed up with civil unrest when he could probably walk in because Trump's administration inherited a pandemic that probably would have collapsed any administration.

Look I dislike Trump. But you should take a moment to look into the allegations of collusion. They aren’t proven by any means. . Senate intel report appendix written by Dems said no overarching proof. Mueller basically proved Russians wanted Trump and did what they could to help. But again no proof of collusion. At the end of the day Russia wanted Trump. Putin loathed Hillary.

These 11 Mueller Report Myths Just Won’t Die
You're a solid poster, but just like @Nerwen Aldarion you've inserted yourself into something without understanding the conversation, which has nothing to do with the Mueller report and everything to do with @ajvol01 talking about how younger BLM supporters can't recognize deception, which is especially rich since he's been worshipping at the alter of Qanon for years on end, a movement that preys on people who are easily deceived. I'm of the opinion Q is a Russian troll, hence the comment.

If you're expecting a meltdown tomorrow, that's not going to happen. And this has nothing to do with the racial composition of the roster. This has to do with the character composition of the roster. Not every player on that roster is a sheep.

And as I just said, the seed has been planted. Even Dollarweed takes time to grow, but once it does you all but have to burn the yard to get rid of it.

I'll be here to eat my crow if I'm wrong.

I'm reminded of the words of Sir Winston Churchil: “You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour, and you will have war.' - To Neville Chamberlain”

Maybe a reach under these circumstances, but for some reason it seems to fit.
Whoa whoa… easy there, fellow.

You're a solid poster, but just like @Nerwen Aldarion you've inserted yourself into something without understanding the conversation, which has nothing to do with the Mueller report and everything to do with @ajvol01 talking about how younger BLM supporters can't recognize deception, which is especially rich since he's been worshipping at the alter of Qanon for years on end, a movement that preys on people who are easily deceived. I'm of the opinion Q is a Russian troll, hence the comment.
I apologize. I wasn’t following the convo. I don’t know if Q is Russian troll. But he is a giant troll.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
"KB5252 said:
No excuses, it is what it is. How I feel about the organization personally doesn't matter. Mainly because as long as the police departments are "militarized" every time there is an incident the focus will be on police action instead of in the issues within the AA community where the real issues are.

Do I believe some changes in how police operate and it are trained needs to take place? Yes, because it isn't a black and white issue really.. Do I feel it will have the effect the AA believes it will? No? Because the real issues are within the culture adopted by the community.

I gave you a like because I liked most of your substance but I got to admit how many police officers do you think would go into a potentially hostile situation with only a billy club? The money wouldn't be worth because it already isn't and many do want to go home when the shift is over.

You know, though, it's a problem when a cop shoots someone 7 times in the back at point blank range and doesn't kill him - on a whole lot of levels.

From a deadly serious perspective, I probably look at a lot of this from a lot different viewpoint. We had a very good friend - a retired Navy officer, who was shot and killed inside his house by a cop. There was some local coverage, but absolutely nothing national - he was white. Unlike several of the black victims, he was never even addressed by the police - he was shot through a window when he went downstairs in the middle of the night to see what the disturbance was without ever knowing what the noise he heard was. The point is that there was nothing sensational to the news people - absolutely no reason because it didn't fit their liberal agenda.

Without doubt the police have been militarized to the point that they don't even consider themselves civil enforcement. If we were actually making this an issue of police oversight and reasserting the rightful role of the police, then this would be all about all lives matter - not just those of one group. If "defunding" meant taking away military vehicles, uniforms, tactics, and arrogance, then I think many of us would back that reform. 9/11 put in place a real knee jerk reaction that we are paying for today.

The other issue that no one seems to be addressing is who has control of an agenda. When a cop stops someone, the cop is in control - that's just simple fact like it or not. I don't because by nature I abhor authority, but I accept it exists and sometime I have to respect it. When somebody turns his back and walks away from a cop, he just took control away from the cop. I'm convinced that between militarization and sometimes hiring cops whose heads aren't screwed on tight (they want to play cop for the wrong reason), there is no way that the cop will cede control willingly. To me the person most responsible was the guy who turned his back on the cop and basically said "screw you" - that's not going to end well ... ever.

You know, though, it's a problem when a cop shoots someone 7 times in the back at point blank range and doesn't kill him - on a whole lot of levels.

From a deadly serious perspective, I probably look at a lot of this from a lot different viewpoint. We had a very good friend - a retired Navy officer, who was shot and killed inside his house by a cop. There was some local coverage, but absolutely nothing national - he was white. Unlike several of the black victims, he was never even addressed by the police - he was shot through a window when he went downstairs in the middle of the night to see what the disturbance was without ever knowing what the noise he heard was. The point is that there was nothing sensational to the news people - absolutely no reason because it didn't fit their liberal agenda.

Without doubt the police have been militarized to the point that they don't even consider themselves civil enforcement. If we were actually making this an issue of police oversight and reasserting the rightful role of the police, then this would be all about all lives matter - not just those of one group. If "defunding" meant taking away military vehicles, uniforms, tactics, and arrogance, then I think many of us would back that reform. 9/11 put in place a real knee jerk reaction that we are paying for today.

The other issue that no one seems to be addressing is who has control of an agenda. When a cop stops someone, the cop is in control - that's just simple fact like it or not. I don't because by nature I abhor authority, but I accept it exists and sometime I have to respect it. When somebody turns his back and walks away from a cop, he just took control away from the cop. I'm convinced that between militarization and sometimes hiring cops whose heads aren't screwed on tight (they want to play cop for the wrong reason), there is no way that the cop will cede control willingly. To me the person most responsible was the guy who turned his back on the cop and basically said "screw you" - that's not going to end well ... ever.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Yeah it is amazing we keep hearing cases of a blatant lack of respect for the polices authority. Just comply and handle it in court. Apparently the guy in Wisconsin had a record and open warrant. Then didn't obey the policers commands and proceeded to the vehicle. I think the main thing is for the facts to come out. Something the left doesn't want to wait on. Jumping to conclusions help their positions.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back