Tennessee football, a look back at 2019 (video)

We are Tennessee enough said as a 52 year fan that BIG ORANGE TRAIN IS SLOWLY CLIMBING TO THE TOP, when we get there watch out we will be one bad azz football team, with decent QB play this team wins at least 9 regular season games, we will beat OU.

If you look at some of Fulmer old pre-game speeches, sounds very similar. Old school...win the trenches, tough D...if we run the ball like I think we will in 2020, glory days aren't too far away! At minimum, we've moved away from being considered an automatic W, when teams look at their schedules and see Vols.

If I was in charge of marketing, I would have merchandising develop a line of quality Tennessee tank tops for women and sell them at cost + 1$ to be donated to Susan Komen Organization.

Thanks a lot Freak, now you got me itching at the bit for football season.................uuuugggghhhh. :D

Seriously, good video though.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
This team came a long way in a season.

Never gave up and never quit. Very proud of the way they finished.

That video is awesome!

Reactions: strongj81
If you look at some of Fulmer old pre-game speeches, sounds very similar. Old school...win the trenches, tough D...if we run the ball like I think we will in 2020, glory days aren't too far away! At minimum, we've moved away from being considered an automatic W, when teams look at their schedules and see Vols.
Oddly it reminded me a little of those Fulmer speeches too.

So cool to see Fulmer embracing Jennings like that. Those two have been through a lot to get to that point.

Oddly it reminded me a little of those Fulmer speeches too.

I think Fulmer and CJP both talked about being the most physical team on the field . When you are, I believe that helps overcome something you are lacking in or mistakes you might have made .

I think Fulmer and CJP both talked about being the most physical team on the field . When you are, I believe that helps overcome something you are lacking in or mistakes you might have made .
I believe that too. Imposing your will on another man breaks their spirit over time. This creates doubt in the opponents mind and they suffer mentally which leads to failure of execution.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
General Neyland's 7 Maxims

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.

3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.

4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.

5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.

6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.

7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

At the beginning of the season it was of shifting in and out, mistakes, and maybe some confusion as the coaches were trying to get things straightened out. As time went on, we saw things begin to turn for the better. These coaches stepped up, and got tired of it. The players begin to take shape of the toughness of their coach. We saw Pruitt change that narrative, and the result was learning how to win, learning to come back, and learning that toughness.

VN Store

Back