Tennessee Building a Great RB Class in 2021

VS Bama 48 yards
VS GA 97 yards
VS FL 96 yards
Yards against Ohio, Western KY, and the like...who cares?

You made a statement that Herschel & Sanders couldn’t run behind them.. can’t discredit a 1300 yd season and top 20 in the country that year.

I agree. As great as Trey Smith is, I feel his time at tackle proves your point about there being a big difference.

I'm with you. Trey has the measurables (long arms, size) and athleticism for tackle, he just seems more comfortable downbocking and pulling than pass setting for whatever reason. I wouldn't rule out him playing some tackle in the NFL though.

I hope we land Mimms (longshot) or Diego Pounds in this class. Darnell Wright could end up making the same move as Trey. Although a freshman, he struggled a little on the edge last year.

Last edited:
You made a statement that Herschel & Sanders couldn’t run behind them.. can’t discredit a 1300 yd season and top 20 in the country that year.
I think Hardesty was probably our last superstar RB. Very talented. With a decent OL, how many yards do you think he might have gained, 2000? 2500?
Kiffy knew he had a head case at QB(sound familiar). No talent on the OL. The whole 09 season, he played slow, ball control offense.Ga game excluded.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I'm with you. Trey has the measurables (long arms, size) and athleticism for tackle, he just seems more comfortable downbocking and pulling than pass setting for whatever reason. I wouldn't rule out him playing some tackle in the NFL though.

I hope we land Mimms or Diego Pounds in this class. Darnell Wright could end up making the same move as Trey. Although a freshman, he struggled a little on the edge last year.
When Trey pulls from guard, you see true fear in linebacker's eyes.

Reactions: keenobserver
They're just trying to get clicks. I want to see some results on the field before they get any undeserved credit for being among the best. This is like the pre-season polls that project us in the top 25 and we haven't played a solitary down yet. I'm excited too but let's not get caught up in some hype.

Of course they are But they could have picked any teams and decided UT was up there. Go mow the yard until football season starts.

With his long legs he always seemed to easily get his pins knocked out from under him. He was a good back, don't get me wrong, but wasn't built like a true running back.

Yeah, he probably wasn’t. He was an absolute mule for us while he was here. Had he stayed, he would be Tennessee’s all-time leading rusher, IIRC. A true power back forced into the zone-read system.

VN Store

Back