Tennessee Building a Great RB Class in 2021

I agree. We're pretty set at OG for a few years though... We really need sign a few big time tackles in this cycle. The good ones are hard to come by...
OL class of 20: Mays,Spraggins, Robinson
OL class of 21: Smith

Not exactly Dooleyesque, but there is room for concern.
Barry Sanders or Hershel Walker could not run behind the Sullins twins.

Last edited:

All project to be guards along with 19' Akporoghene who redshirted last season. Lampley redshirted as well. I think he's OG or C...

C. Smith is the only tackle body out of all of them. OG and OT aren't as interchangeable as most people realize. Besides QB, it's probably the position that is hardest to find quality at in the SEC...

All project to be guards along with 19' Akporoghene who redshirted last season. Lampley redshirted as well. I think he's OG or C...

C. Smith is the only tackle body out of all of them. OG and OT aren't as interchangeable as most people realize. Besides QB, it's probably the position that is hardest to find quality at in the SEC...
I agree. As great as Trey Smith is, I feel his time at tackle proves your point about there being a big difference.

The days of a double TE (tackle extended) vs a 4-3 defense are over.
CPF always said he wanted the best 5 linemen on the field. Tackles are much different now.

Reactions: keenobserver
They're just trying to get clicks. I want to see some results on the field before they get any undeserved credit for being among the best. This is like the pre-season polls that project us in the top 25 and we haven't played a solitary down yet. I'm excited too but let's not get caught up in some hype.

Barry Sanders or Hershel Walker could not run behind the Sullins twins.

Hardesty finished 20th in rushing yards in 09 w/1300 yds behind the Sullins. Were they 5 stars? No. But 2 walk ons that absolutely ended up being better than some of the products Butch put on the field at Oline.

Hardesty finished 20th in rushing yards in 09 w/1300 yds behind the Sullins. Were they 5 stars? No. But 2 walk ons that absolutely ended up being better than some of the products Butch put on the field at Oline.
VS Bama 48 yards
VS GA 97 yards
VS FL 96 yards
Yards against Ohio, Western KY, and the like...who cares?

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back