Tennessee Baseball Commitments 2024, 2025, 2026 and beyond

I am rather new to the forum and i had a question about future recuits. If you have knowledge of a uncommitted player for class of 25, how could you find out if he was on Tennessee radar? He is top 5 player in Georgia. Plays catcher, pitches and is lefty at bat.

I am rather new to the forum and i had a question about future recuits. If you have knowledge of a uncommitted player for class of 25, how could you find out if he was on Tennessee radar? He is top 5 player in Georgia. Plays catcher, pitches and is lefty at bat.
emailing coaches is one option however your email must stand out as they get 100's. I'd recommend contacting a "lesser" coach first, they are more often going to look first. On the UT Roster page, you will see a list of the coaches and emails. Send it to the Volunteer Coach, Director of Player Development, Student Assistant Coach, 2023 Baseball Roster - University of Tennessee Athletics. Also, if they played Summer Ball, have their coach reach out to them, that carries a little more weight. Chase Dolander was overlooked out of High School, it's a long shot but great players do get overlooked often

emailing coaches is one option however your email must stand out as they get 100's. I'd recommend contacting a "lesser" coach first, they are more often going to look first. On the UT Roster page, you will see a list of the coaches and emails. Send it to the Volunteer Coach, Director of Player Development, Student Assistant Coach, 2023 Baseball Roster - University of Tennessee Athletics. Also, if they played Summer Ball, have their coach reach out to them, that carries a little more weight. Chase Dolander was overlooked out of High School, it's a long shot but great players do get overlooked often
Another thing to consider is perspective. It's hard to believe a top-5 player in Georgia is being overlooked, so it's important to consider whose top-5 list is being used. If it is a legitimate publication, there's no way a kid from a talent-rich state like Georgia is being missed by all of MLB and the NCAA. If this is the opinion of the kid's family that he is top-5, when in reality, he is more likely considered top-300 (even if he's mis-ranked and grossly underrated), then it's possible he's flying under the radar. Maybe from a small town in northeast or extreme southern Georgia where there isn't as much exposure or baseball is overshadowed by football?

While the 6-foot-1, 175-pound Loy can throw a variety of pitches, his most distinguishable quality is his competitiveness. Pigeon Forge assistant coach Aaron Guinn said the team calls him “Nasty Boy Loy.” “I like to go after hitters,” Loy said.

Nave loves Loy’s aggressive mentality. “He knows how to place the ball in just the right place to create some really weak swings for the hitter," Nave said. “As soon as he's on the mound, he takes another level of intensity to it you have to have. He pitches with a chip on his shoulder, and I love that about him.”

As ruthless as Loy is pitching, he is charitable off the field. After winning the Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year last season, he donated the grant money to his local Boys & Girls Club. One of his dreams is to build a foundation for youth athletes who need resources to play their sport. “I feel like everyone should have a fair chance to make it to where they dream,” Loy said. “If I could provide new equipment to people that weren't as fortunate as I am. I think that would really make my day and their day just seeing the smiles on their face just doing what they love.”

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...g-dylan-loy-pigeon-forge-pitcher/70143626007/

Last edited:

VN Store

Back