Tennessee announces official attendance policy for Neyland Stadium

I have no idea. I "donate" $500/ticket for 4 so it is $2,000 + ticket cost. I just checked my account again and now I have 4 tix in Section O.
You give 1K more than me but weā€™re both in the trailblazer level. Iā€™m 2K spots in front of you on the rank. Havenā€™t heard anything yet. Great for you, but a little frustrating to me with what info I have. Nothing to do but be patient though.

You give 1K more than me but weā€™re both in the trailblazer level. Iā€™m 2K spots in front of you on the rank. Havenā€™t heard anything yet. Great for you, but a little frustrating to me with what info I have. Nothing to do but be patient though.

Hang in there. Hopefully you'll get the email in the next round that goes out after the Thursday deadline.

You will get an email on Tuesday. Everyone who donates $1000 per year gets one. The following Tuesday another email will go out for the remaining donor levels, if tickets remain. Tennessee fund rank is used only when comparing same donor levels.

Reactions: CPA and ATC_VOL
You will get an email on Tuesday. Everyone who donates $1000 per year gets one. The following Tuesday another email will go out for the remaining donor levels, if tickets remain. Tennessee fund rank is used only when comparing same donor levels.
So everyone who donates at least 1k will get an opportunity for seats this year?

So everyone who donates at least 1k will get an opportunity for seats this year?
If there are tickets left after this weeks round, an email will go out to $1000 donors. They would be put in order of the other criteria (Tennessee fund rank). I donā€™t know if every $1000 donor would get tickets or not. I would guess yes based on what my friends are saying about their new locations. Obviously, thatā€™s total guess.

25% seems a little over kill to me. Not much evidence out there that states that covid19 survives outside in sunny, 90 degree weather. 40-50,000 fans shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe as the season progresses, capacity will be increased. I'm probably jumping ahead too much; let's just have a season, right?
Itā€™d be great if we could expand the capacity toward the end. Just glad that a season is even in sight.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
For us sub $1k donors, I think they should have offered a second option to just get 2 or 3 games but have a lower priority needed for that cutoff instead of the all or nothing plan for a smaller group that is being used now. Probably would have gotten to keep more of the donations that way too.

I'm haven't talked to the "Tennessee Fund", but perhaps some of you have. This S.A.V.E. option, Where you donate the whole package - money for donation + seats, to UT. Here are some questions.

1) Is all that really tax deductable?

2) and if so, meaning you get all that back, why not do it? You'll still be able to get the tickets with the tax refund, as if you deferred.

3) What's the downside, if any?

Thanks.

I'm haven't talked to the "Tennessee Fund", but perhaps some of you have. This S.A.V.E. option, Where you donate the whole package - money for donation + seats, to UT. Here are some questions.

1) Is all that really tax deductable?

2) and if so, meaning you get all that back, why not do it? You'll still be able to get the tickets with the tax refund, as if you deferred.

3) What's the downside, if any?

Thanks.
I donā€™t think ā€œtax deductibleā€ means you get it all back.

Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?
Itā€™s not too good to be true. Itā€™s just that tax deductible means a reduction to your AGI if you itemize and that will reduce how much you pay. You donā€™t get it all back. You just lower your tax bill.

Last edited:
Reactions: ptcarter
Itā€™s not too good to be true. Itā€™s just that tax deductible means a reduction to your AGI if you itemize and that will reduce how much you pay. You donā€™t get it all back. You just lower your tax bill.
You'll lower you taxable income IF you itemize deductions which a lot less people do now that the standard deduction is $12,400 per person. For most, you'd have to have a pretty hefty state/local income tax bill and mortgage interest total to met that.

VN Store

Back