Tennessee and UAB to play in 2025

yawn. Where is Clemson? Where is Florida State? Where is Penn State...?

Well this wouldn’t really fall into that category. This is within our “beat up G5/FCS” portion of our yearly schedule.

We may have Oklahoma in 2025, I think I remember we are going to do another home/home with them.

Edit: Nope, Syracuse. Oklahoma is 2024.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
UAB just beat #13 BYU in a bowl, fyi.
UAB just beat #13 BYU in a bowl, fyi.
Yep…..UAB is solid. They’re the kind of team that If you mess around and don’t bring your “A” game they might make things too close for comfort.

Don’t love it really. Too much risk for the reward……you win, great you’re TN vs UAB, you’re supposed to win.

Give me either a p5 or a true cupcake there!! Not a team MOST people assume stinks but is decent In reality.

Well this wouldn’t really fall into that category. This is within our “beat up G5/FCS” portion of our yearly schedule.

We may have Oklahoma in 2025, I think I remember we are going to do another home/home with them.

Edit: Nope, Syracuse. Oklahoma is 2024.

Has that not changed since they're joining the conference?

Give me either a p5 or a true cupcake there!! Not a team MOST people assume stinks but is decent In reality.
It’s funny how many people don’t seem to have gotten the memo that a lot of these old 1-AA cupcake schools are now G5 FBS with 85 scholarships and a lot more money and they are a lot better programs than they were 10-15 years ago.

If we win it's ' yeah it's UAB, so what' and if we lose it's embarrassing. And it's possible we lose.
It's better to schedule a Pac-12, ACC or Big 12 school like UCLA, VPI, or KSt., for the exposure, or just play ETSU again for the win.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back