Tennessee and Arizona finalizing home and home series

Bill Walton calling a Tennessee game? 👀
legalize-mystery-machine-pot-scooby-doo-Favim.com-837424.jpg

Walton, rolling down to TBA........................

Recruiting exposure is the most overblown concept at this point. It's not 1994, every game is on TV somewhere.

I'm inclined to agree with you; it's more likely that kids on the West Coast are going to be watching games featuring Pac-12 teams than a random SEC vs. Big Ten matchup, sure, but I've always wondered how much time high-profile recruits actually spend watching college basketball (certainly less than the average poster on this forum) and Tennessee has enough national stature at this point that it's hardly an unknown commodity and interested kids will tune in if they are so inclined.

Reactions: Vol49er
A decent sign your program has arrived when you can secure a home-and-home with a program like Arizona and you get the first matchup at your place by returning the favor.

We have landed some great home-and-homes, recently, with blue bloods, but we usually (perhaps exclusively) have been the recipient of the return trip in games with UNC and Kansas, for example.

A decent sign your program has arrived when you can secure a home-and-home with a program like Arizona and you get the first matchup at your place by returning the favor.

We have landed some great home-and-homes, recently, with blue bloods, but we usually (perhaps exclusively) have been the recipient of the return trip in games with UNC and Kansas, for example.
Hadn't thought of it that way, but you make a really good point

Reactions: cncchris33
I saw today where some 5 star kid had a final four of Ky, Kansas, Arizona & LSU. Think he’s worried about NCAA violations?
Ha, nope! Take the strongest ass offer available from the cheater schools, live large in your one year on campus, and then hit the NBA. Pretty smart kid, I guess (assuming the IRS never catches up to these recipients).

VN Store

Back