Tennessee admin cowards?

Win and none of this matters. Its officially the "silly season" and the media need something to write about.

The only thing I got out of that article is the author thinks Holly was a legend.

GIF-bewildered-confused-look-skeptical-unsure-GIF.gif
LMAO!!

Reactions: chargervol
Meh. I've been to 2 or 3 All Sports Picnic before and after the BOC started. That one is a precursor to fall practice and had some value. A May Caravan does nothing. It's post spring football, basketball summer evaluation time and basically a time suck for coaches. Summer preseason mags will be out in a couple of weeks. Read those.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I think the entire article was just dumb overall. Calling Warlick a legendary coach??? Since when?? Then complaining about Barnes raise because UCLA offered him a position with a raise. Well Tennessee did the same with Gundy at least twice if not three times. I don’t understand the caravan I never attended one either.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Less access is never a good thing for a team or sport.

Are they really raising ticket prices after last season’s embarrassing finish? ROFL. Now that’s hubris.

Half the gruel costs twice as much...

The caravan at least gave the fans a chance to get autographs and take pictures with the coaches..

Which is precisely why it was canceled. These events turned into a never ending photo and autograph session. Dave Hart tried to end it during his tenure and was pressured to continue it. Fulmer knows firsthand what a drag it is for the coaches and he did end it. While it is disappointing to the fans, it is the nature of a business where these coaches work insane hours year round that they don't want to spend days traveling the state to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

I agree the Smokey tour is weak replacement, I wish the AD would try to recruit former players to attend these events also even if that requires compensation for time and travel. That would likely keep the interest in the events going.

Just football:
August-December- Football season and early signing period
January & February- Late signing period
March & April- Spring football
May- Big Orange Caravan, kiss babies, sign autographs and have your pic taken with fans
June & July- Summer football camps and evaluating talent

Yeah......what a kick in the cods to the fans that don't get enough UT football. :rolleyes:
Let's give the man May to spend with his family. Go to the spring game, or a signing day event or email and ask for an 8x10 glossy signed by CJP if this isn't enough.

I swear..... I wonder what day in the calendar year the coaching staff hits the ole 2080?

Recruiting is going so well in-state that they don’t need these caravans anymore.
Look at the bright side, if Fulmer and Pruitt don't see this as something that will hurt in-state recruiting, but it actually does, then that'll give us all more ammunition to get rid of them sooner, or at least Pruitt. Then we can get somebody else in there that we don't want and maybe he'll start the caravan back up.

Reactions: butchna
Look at the bright side, if Fulmer and Pruitt don't see this as something that will hurt in-state recruiting, but it actually does, then that'll give us all more ammunition to get rid of them sooner, or at least Pruitt. Then we can get somebody else in there that we don't want and maybe he'll start the caravan back up.

I’d rather have stability though. I’d rather Pruitt be the guy long term.

It’s apparent our PR dept is still making great decisions. In-state recruiting going poorly? Let’s cancel the BOC because absence makes the heart grow fonder.

7 on 7 players want to visit campus? No, we don’t have time to show them the football complex because building relationships isn’t how you recruit the future.

There’s more fat to trim in the AD.

It’s apparent our PR dept is still making great decisions. In-state recruiting going poorly? Let’s cancel the BOC because absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Technically, we don't know recruiting results for this year.
What we do know is that when we missed on Higgins and his class AND last year when *some wanted more TN kids, we had the BOC.

Technically, we don't know recruiting results for this year.
What we do know is that when we missed on Higgins and his class AND last year when *some wanted more TN kids, we had the BOC.

I imagine the BOC never helped us land a 5* recruit the same year, but I doubt you’re suggesting that canceling the BOC will actually improve our instate recruiting as well. The BOC helps with the future by allowing the younger generations access.

The point is our program is in the cellar. Now isn’t the time to limit fan access and program exposure. Pruitt doesn’t have the same luxuries as Saban and Dabo.

I imagine the BOC never helped us land a 5* recruit the same year, but I doubt you’re suggesting that canceling the BOC will actually improve our instate recruiting as well. The BOC helps with the future by allowing the younger generations access.

The point is our program is in the cellar. Now isn’t the time to limit fan access and program exposure. Pruitt doesn’t have the same luxuries as Saban and Dabo.

After reading that article and a few more including one from Wes Rucker..

Big Orange Caravan dates tend to be popular with fans, and Tennessee’s release suggested this year’s substitution for the caravan won’t be a permanent thing, and that a retooled caravan would return in the future.
...maybe they are trying to avoid a bunch of questions, and I say so what? Let everyone cry cause they don't know how close Barnes really was to leaving. Lol.

It is possible they know more about what they're doing than some of us think they do. Seems like this was a good time to avoid a bunch of stupit by cancelling it, then come back better than before. Maybe have some better things to talk about? Pretty popular comment around here is "what good is there to talk about the last 10 years? "

Reactions: chargervol

Of course it hasn't cost us recruits just as it doesn't land 5 stars.
But reality - several of the kids we lost were TN fans when they committed elsewhere.
They ... didn't...care.

We know why the media wanted it. Lots of moves without results yet. We are fodder for click bait right now.
BUT agree with you for the future, connecting with fans is a good thing.

Good fb is the real lure to fans though. This is just a drop in the bucket either way. The reaction on this board is being overblown for the sake of debate. It's what we do.

Of course it hasn't cost us recruits just as it doesn't land 5 stars.
But reality - several of the kids we lost were TN fans when they committed elsewhere.
They ... didn't...care.

We know why the media wanted it. Lots of moves without results yet. We are fodder for click bait right now.
BUT agree with you for the future, connecting with fans is a good thing.

Good fb is the real lure to fans though. This is just a drop in the bucket either way. The reaction on this board is being overblown for the sake of debate. It's what we do.

Agreed. Some of the attitudes around here reminds me of a line in The Ballad of Hank Williams by Jr. .....

"And he fired my ass and he fired Jerry Rivers
And he fired everybody just as hard as he could go
He fired old Cedric and he fired Sammy Pruitt
And he fired some people that he didn't even know"

Agreed. Some of the attitudes around here reminds me of a line in The Ballad of Hank Williams by Jr. .....

"And he fired my ass and he fired Jerry Rivers
And he fired everybody just as hard as he could go
He fired old Cedric and he fired Sammy Pruitt
And he fired some people that he didn't even know"
i heard there was even a guy who wanted half of everything Hank made..... otherwise he was going to tell Audrey about all the women Hank had laid .

Reactions: Behr
Journalists are perhaps at their most pitiful when they try to stoke a fire of outrage among their readership, hoping to get the masses behind them on some issue that really mostly only affects the journalists' ease of doing their jobs.

That's all this article is.

Shame on the kid, Calhoun, for going this route. I'm losing hope that he will ever be a good Tennessee sports reporter. Appears instead we will get another of the Adams ilk. Pity. I had high hopes for him when he first appeared on the scene.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Chip Kelly will have been available since the midpoint of this season. 🤔

Reactions: Behr
Haha, media so pissed off that they don't get their extra time to harass TN ad but keep trying to convince the fans "it's about them".
Sure guys, you just care so much about us. I believe you, really😏
This. It's so transparent.

Media freaks out on Twitter all the time. "The fans are livid about this administrations lack of availability!"

Yeah. Okay. Forget all the games we've lost. What we fans really want is media availability in ****ing May

Reactions: Behr and chargervol

VN Store

Back