Tennessee admin cowards?

It is not cowardly at all. Why subject yourself to abuse by the media and claim it is for the fans? The caravan only went to population centers across the state and not the rural areas. The Smoky squad can visit a lot of places that were not covered. The new chancellor will barely be in place and there is no need to subject her to preliminary abuse … wait until she earns the abuse. The women's BB coach is also new in the role. Fulmer seems to be doing a solid job as AD and Pruitt looks to be on the right path Let the talking head ANALysts go to press conferences intended for them.

GO BIG ORANGE!
It is just a weapon up that a poor journalist uses when he is marginalized by a subject that does not pay him his "due attention"

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
No one cries like members of the media these days.

Something super minor like this happens and they throw an absolute fit.

People get laid off from their jobs every day. When it happens to a media member, you would think someone killed their entire family including the dog from the Twitter reaction of other media members.

I don't have any explanation, really. But they seem to be the most over zealous and prone to outrage people in the country for some reason.

Reactions: garbear and butchna
Less access is never a good thing for a team or sport.

Are they really raising ticket prices after last season’s embarrassing finish? ROFL. Now that’s hubris.
There are plenty of good reasons to limit media access.

Is there any proof at all that media access is positively correlated with ticket sales?

Reactions: butchna

Is there any proof at all that media access is positively correlated with ticket sales?

Limited media access helped Butch cover up his poor treatment of players and general incompetence, but hey, that’s fine I guess.

I don’t get the question. The article mentioned the possibility of increased ticket prices that’s why I asked.

Another one of these click-bait teasers. Sorry I clicked & made $0.75 for a publication I've never heard of. Guess I'll never learn. :rolleyes:

Thank you for informing me it was click bait , in the big scheme of things you cost them $0.75 by giving me the heads up so it’s a push . It you saved others from doing it you are leader among men and took one for the team . Glass half full my man 😊

Ticket sales go up every year...regardless of anything. Hence the whining about paying Barnes or any coach “too much” is goofy in context.

I'm always shocked when I see stories about other teams and realize their media actually supports their local team.

How did we end up with all these half crazed, anti TN, "bring down the establishment" arseholes, anyway? 3/4 of the time, other teams' media is even more fair to UT. Pathetic.

Why should the media for other teams be unkind to us especially when most teams have winning records against us. They should thank us for the past years of suckage.

I read that article and couldn't really understand it. Thought maybe it was written by a high school sophomore, then I looked at the guy's profile to see if he had any credentials.

Turns out he has a degree in journalism. The school should take back their degree and give him a refund to avoid any further embarrassment.
Yeah, I wasted a couple minutes perusing it too... "wreaks" of amateurism LOL.

I despise most of the sports media around here but they didn’t hire any of the garbage coaches we’ve had in almost any sport.

Heh. I actually had to look up "wreaks." I thought I had misunderstood its meaning all these decades since junior high.
Yeah, LOL, some of this poor journalism can wreak havoc on one's opinion of journalists... that particular article reeked pretty badly IMO.

Reactions: SKBubba
Why should the media for other teams be unkind to us especially when most teams have winning records against us. They should thank us for the past years of suckage.

And Bump

You done gone an did it now. "Tell me, what good have they had to report in the past 10+ years? It was past time for Fulmer to go and he didn't stab Johnny Inna back".

Behr for the win. Haha

Who is coming out to see Smokey . What a stupid idea... The caravan at least gave the fans a chance to get autographs and take pictures with the coaches... the Smokey tour is utterly ridiculous !!!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Who cares? Times change. The coaches can use the time more productively. The writer needs to find a new profession. High school quality journalism. Reading the first half of the article made me sad and angry...for the writer.
This is not about the media. It's about the fans it also like to meet the coaches and some of the players. Fans that may not be able to afford to go to the games but still follow the program religiously. My concern is Pruitt last year did not want to do the Caravan. He also hates doing Vol calls and he hates doing the television show. I know he's an Alabama guy through and through and he's grown up hating Tennessee. I just wonder if he has something against the fans. I guess it's hard to hit that love switch after hating for so many years. I know on Vol calls fans will call and tell him how much they appreciate him being here and pay him compliments and he sits there like a knot and a lock and won't even say nothing. Bob Kessling has to intervene and say just go on with your question. These coaches make tons of money. They shouldn't have to be grabbing about dealing with fans.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Thank you for informing me it was click bait , in the big scheme of things you cost them $0.75 by giving me the heads up so it’s a push . It you saved others from doing it you are leader among men and took one for the team . Glass half full my man 😊
Just doing my BIG ORANGE civic duty.:cool:

I went to the one at Suntrust Park last year and it was really fun. But this is clearly about the coaches not wanting to do it. If it means we win more, I’m good with it. Just win.

It is not cowardly at all. Why subject yourself to abuse by the media and claim it is for the fans? The caravan only went to population centers across the state and not the rural areas. The Smoky squad can visit a lot of places that were not covered. The new chancellor will barely be in place and there is no need to subject her to preliminary abuse … wait until she earns the abuse. The women's BB coach is also new in the role. Fulmer seems to be doing a solid job as AD and Pruitt looks to be on the right path Let the talking head ANALysts go to press conferences intended for them.

GO BIG ORANGE!
Mostly but I do remember way back when they would occasionally do a stop in say Columbia TN or Murfreesboro TN before Nashville and Murfreesboro's population exploded, and Sweetwater but that hasn't happened in years. But I too have never been don't really care if they continue or not, they should just stop them if you ask me. I really would prefer if they expanded VolCalls in the off season well summer time primarily and made it an easier process for the fans not the media to ask questions within reason on not costing any NCAA rules to be violations.

VN Store

Back