Tennessee admin cowards?

If it rubs the media the wrong way....

I'm ALL for it.. f*** the media!

As far as the coaches and staff go, quit making them do useless PR tours and let them do their jobs.. Hell, as far as I'm concerned you can do away the 'Insert coaches name here Show' too.

"Just win, baby!"
Al Davis
That's a solid idea. For Tennessee the coach's show is like a hi-def recording of Saturday's paper cut torture with an extra from Deliverance providing commentary.. Makes sense for other programs, not so much for the Vols.

I haven’t had the opportunity to attend a BOC event and wish I did, so this year I won’t even get the chance so that’s a bummer. I have been to the NSD breakfast(Lunch this year.) and enjoyed it very much. Anytime I can hear the Coaches, AD or players talk about the team I’m in. The reason I bring up the breakfast/lunch to say that if the media was there they were only there to report and didn’t ask questions to the panel of Coaches. There was a chance for “Fans” to ask questions, the questions asked were typically a springboard for a chance to pump some shine. Although my brother did did a chance to let CJP the importance of every game due to how spread out Vol fans are. Basically he said living close to a bunch of Mizzou fans makes that game as important as the Auburn game. I’m overrun with Miss St fans so that would be a “Circle” game for me. Granted we all the importance of Fl, Ga and the gumps, sometimes the importance of these “lesser” games become priority due to neighbors and such.

My expectation is for them to figure out a way to win all of them.

Last edited:
If you see an article written by John Adams or Caleb Calhoun, please do VN a favor and do not link it to VN. You are only wasting our time because they have nothing to say.

+1 What is wrong with people who have been around a while and still link to that crap?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I've never gone to one so I really don't care, but I understand why some people would not like this decision if they enjoyed attending these events. I believe that if I were a coach, I would rather spend my time working on getting better than answering questions in a Holiday Inn ball room. Calling this a cowardly decision is a bit drastic.

Well said!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I'm always shocked when I see stories about other teams and realize their media actually supports their local team.

How did we end up with all these half crazed, anti TN, "bring down the establishment" arseholes, anyway? 3/4 of the time, other teams' media is even more fair to UT. Pathetic.
Dan Wolken. I'll just leave that here for you. BAAAAA!

The local media should stop pretending that they are Woodward and Bernstein. We have had 3 straight football coaches here who received cotton candy treatment from the "cowardly" media while they were the coach. After they left, the media then revealed all of the problems with the program. I doubt that these lightweight journalists would really pose much of a problem for any of the coaches on the caravan. Not until they leave, that is.

Last edited:
I have never been to one of those.

Now, saying that, I have heard stories where Majors was constantly drunk but was having a ball doing them.
I remember Gerry Dinardo leaving Vandy for LSU. Had an outstanding first year. But, went down from there. He said it was because he was spending 70% of his time doing PR type things.

Pruitt would rather evade the media all together and not have to parlay with doing the Caravan.

What information could the new WBB coach really offer?

All that would happen with Barnes is the same monotonous questions related to UCLA and his debacle with them.

Yeah, scrap the Big Orange Caravan. While you're at it, scrap the next year or two football seasons till we can field a team that can compete with Bama and Georgia and win!

This is the most rediculious article I have read since the last one I read one written by John Adams 2bout 20 years ago. From the football point of view, they roll this thing out 24 hours after the football staff has spent at last 2 hectic weeks on the raod and the last 2-3 days on the phone with prospective recruits improving the talent of their new class. They have spent hours on the road with little or no sleep for weeks. Then they have to repact their bags and hit the road the face some fans who are not satisfied with the new class and complain that the class did not have enough recruits from Tennessee or they let a certain recruit go to another school. In addition, how did the author determine that Holly is/was a legendary coach? She was an outstanding player while she played at Tennessee, but if her coaching was legendary, it must have been for all the winning streaks over opponents she was able to flush down the toilet. Last year, almost every sport Tennessee fielded last year and this Spring have increase their winning percentages, This is just another try by an unskilled writer to make a splash in he negative laden media. It is time that these media clowns to reports facts rather than half truths and crackpot negative rants.

I've never gone to one so I really don't care, but I understand why some people would not like this decision if they enjoyed attending these events. I believe that if I were a coach, I would rather spend my time working on getting better than answering questions in a Holiday Inn ball room. Calling this a cowardly decision is a bit drastic.
The problem is, it wouldn't be "one of these" events. It would be an ADept roast which is rightly avoided. Media can be good but I find most times "reporters" are simply trying to one up John Adams......just like the article the OP posted.

If it rubs the media the wrong way....

I'm ALL for it.. f*** the media!

As far as the coaches and staff go, quit making them do useless PR tours and let them do their jobs.. Hell, as far as I'm concerned you can do away the 'Insert coaches name here Show' too.

"Just win, baby!"
Al Davis
highly underrated post

Reactions: Volinlife
Heck, Just go to Memphis, Jackson, Nashville, Cookeville, and Knoxville areas and have "camps". Charge the kids a $1 to attend. Allow only coaches and players. Let them mingle with all the coaches at one HS venue for a couple of hours. Keep the press out. Is it considered a visit if you charge to attend it?

I would be interested in the administration justifying raising ticket prices. Especially how faithful this fan base has been with such crummy returns.

You guys nailed it... media these days are not interested in good news stories... they would have wore out those coaches. Times have changed the media... always looking for blood. Good move I say to cancel.

Less access is never a good thing for a team or sport.

Are they really raising ticket prices after last season’s embarrassing finish? ROFL. Now that’s hubris.

VN Store

Back