Tennessee #3 in ESPN.com Power 16

Interesting that so many teams (5) got first place votes. We got one from their bracketolegist, Joe Lunardi.

Actually we're #2. When they put that up there Doug Gottlieb's votes hadn't been counted yet. If you add his in we have 1 more point than Memphis.

havent even looked at the link, but i would say the top 5 as of right now imo should be;

1. UNC
2. UM
3. UT
4. The other UT
5. UCLA

Gottlieb's vote counts just about as much as my dogs

That is the 2nd time this week someone has really bashed this guy. I truly dont see why there is so much discredit awards him, or for that matter, people dissagreeing with him soooooo much. There has been statements about his character as a player, a commentator, a voter, and I still dont get it. He said his opinon about this school, like he does for every notable basketball program. He gets paid to assess college basketball and for that matter, does/ has people perform research on stats, allignments, player personel, and coaches. I dont see ESPN giving a 3 hour radio show to some hair brain b-ball fan and allow him to rattle off pointless banter with his FOD's. Inshort, I think he knows whats up and is much less of a tool that many have dubbed him as.

and I spelled a bunch of stuff wrong but its Friday, who cares.

TXVOL I just looked at your new avy and it kind of reminds me of a young, slim Bill Clinton. I wonder if those fish ever spent any time in the oral, excuse me I mean oval office. Guess that would make him a happy fisherman.

TXVOL I just looked at your new avy and it kind of reminds me of a young, slim Bill Clinton. I wonder if those fish ever spent any time in the oral, excuse me I mean oval office.[/QUOT

:eek:hmy: That's pretty funny. He does resemble slick willy doesnt he?

That is the 2nd time this week someone has really bashed this guy. I truly dont see why there is so much discredit awards him, or for that matter, people dissagreeing with him soooooo much. There has been statements about his character as a player, a commentator, a voter, and I still dont get it. He said his opinon about this school, like he does for every notable basketball program. He gets paid to assess college basketball and for that matter, does/ has people perform research on stats, allignments, player personel, and coaches. I dont see ESPN giving a 3 hour radio show to some hair brain b-ball fan and allow him to rattle off pointless banter with his FOD's. Inshort, I think he knows whats up and is much less of a tool that many have dubbed him as.

and I spelled a bunch of stuff wrong but its Friday, who cares.

He's uninformed, just listen to him. Some people on here don't like Mark May, Lee Corso, Lou Holtz, Jay Bilas, Dick Vitale, or any college anaylst, but they forget more basketball than Doug will ever know. He seems like a cool person, but he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. He's too young to be on ESPN, maybe he will be more informative about the game in 5-10 years.

He's uninformed, just listen to him. Some people on here don't like Mark May, Lee Corso, Lou Holtz, Jay Bilas, Dick Vitale, or any college anaylst, but they forget more basketball than Doug will ever know. He seems like a cool person, but he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. He's too young to be on ESPN, maybe he will be more informative about the game in 5-10 years.

Alright, hes not a genius by any means but do you even know who this guy is? He played for Ok State back in the mid 90's if I remember right. Reason I remember that is because he originally signed with Notre Dame as a PG then got kicked off for cheating or something. Was a pretty dern good pg to. So to say he knows nothing about the game of basketball is just foolish, the guy played semi pro in Europe to. Not to mention taking Ok State to the Elite 8 and he led the league in assist. But, who is to argue with someone of your stature. You know everything there is to know about pee wee sports..

And another thing, you of all people should never talk about ANYONE being to young, can you even drive yet?

I know who he is. Just listen to him, he probably couldn't name half of UT's, UCLA's, UNC's, or Duke's roster. Also, he shows too much personal bias on OK State. Whether it's criticism or praise he needs to calm down a bit. Thank God ESPN's getting Bob Knight in there.

Alright, hes not a genius by any means but do you even know who this guy is? He played for Ok State back in the mid 90's if I remember right. Reason I remember that is because he originally signed with Notre Dame as a PG then got kicked off for cheating or something. Was a pretty dern good pg to. So to say he knows nothing about the game of basketball is just foolish, the guy played semi pro in Europe to.

And another thing, you of all people should never talk about ANYONE being to young, can you even drive yet?

Doug got kicked out of Notre Dame for credit card fraud. He spent over 900 dollars on his roommates credit card(s).

He was a good PG at OK St, and a terrible free throw shooter... He can also spout statistics off the top of the head. He knows a lot.... It's just he doesn't use logic a lot of the time, or actually watch the teams. He bases things strictly on numbers quite a bit. If he does watch a team he doesn't seem to understand that a teams weaknesses can be overcome, and will not change his opinion even if he sees something that goes directly against what he is saying.

I know who he is. Just listen to him, he probably couldn't name half of UT's, UCLA's, UNC's, or Duke's roster. Also, he shows too much personal bias on OK State. Whether it's criticism or praise he needs to calm down a bit. Thank God ESPN's getting Bob Knight in there.

I'd be willing to bet Gottlieb knows the rosters of most every single top 50 team.

You can't be serious.

Doug got kicked out of Notre Dame for credit card fraud. He spent over 900 dollars on his roommates credit card(s).

He was a good PG at OK St, and a terrible free throw shooter... He can also spout statistics off the top of the head. He knows a lot.... It's just he doesn't use logic a lot of the time, or actually watch the teams. He bases things strictly on numbers quite a bit. If he does watch a team he doesn't seem to understand that a teams weaknesses can be overcome, and will not change his opinion even if he sees something that goes directly against what he is saying.
I agree.....Boy wonder up there stated that most have forgotten more than Doug will ever know which is just flat out untrue. I think the dude held about every record for assists in the Big12 at one time...Must know something...

I'm just curious how Texas has more points than UCLA (152-149) and is ranked behind UCLA. If it is off 1st place votes then we would be behind both of them, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. Its just a bit odd.

VN Store

Back