Tennessee 2022 somewhat like Ohio St 2017

Woodlawn VOL

Ohio St had a early season loss the 2nd game of the season to Oklahoma. Then they went on to go on a winning streak and only had 1 loss on the week before the playoff ranking came out. They were 6th at the time. Everyone was saying if they win out they will get in. The next week on November 4th they played unranked Iowa at Iowa and got pummeled 55-24. And go look there D had a pretty good year except for a few games. They had good Defensive games before and after that Iowa collapse. They proceeded to win out the rest of the year including their bowl game. They ended up 5th. Just saying it has happened before, how quickly we forget.

Last edited:
Pretty good comparison actually
Thanks, I remembered everyone freakin out when Iowa scored 55 so I looked up there record and season and they were a few parralels. Hopefully we bounce back in similar fashion. Iowa must have wasted their offense that night. Have they scored 55 this year?😆GBO

The best TN can hope for is a 7 ranking at the end of the year.
Should have been a top 4 ranking.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Baylor 13 more accurate

Went all the way up to #3- dominated most games then get stomped by OK St late season. They lost to UCF in a NY6 bowl and finished 10-2.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Tennessee 2022 is like Tennessee 2022. We’ve over performed in several games - under performed in one - and have a shot at a 10 win regular season for the first time in almost 20 years. We’ve done this with a roster that lacks the star power of the Alabamas, Georgias, Ohio States, etc. The coaching staff and the players have done a remarkable job - GBO, let’s beat the dores off of Vandy.

I’m not worried about Vanderbilt. They will be destroyed. We had a fluke game. Everyone is in the world thinks we suck now. But guess what. Joe Milton’s arm will have Hyatt burning people again. I can’t wait to watch it
Hope you're right. Last Saturday was so abysmal it went beyond what my fluke meter could read.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Tennessee 2022 is like Tennessee 2022. We’ve over performed in several games - under performed in one - and have a shot at a 10 win regular season for the first time in almost 20 years. We’ve done this with a roster that lacks the star power of the Alabamas, Georgias, Ohio States, etc. The coaching staff and the players have done a remarkable job - GBO, let’s beat the dores off of Vandy.
The point was even teams even like mighty Ohio St who the media adores have gotten waxed against teams that shouldn’t have probably happened. The folks acting like this had never happened before, it has and teams teams can bounce back. That’s all! GBO

I’m not worried about Vanderbilt. They will be destroyed. We had a fluke game. Everyone is in the world thinks we suck now. But guess what. Joe Milton’s arm will have Hyatt burning people again. I can’t wait to watch it
Hyatt? you mean Squirrel White

Reactions: Tennessee12
The best TN can hope for is a 7 ranking at the end of the year.
Should have been a top 4 ranking.

No one expected us to crack the Top 10 at any point in the season.

It’s disappointing to be so close and fall short but in the bigger picture we took gigantic step forward this year. I will continue to call this a special season with one ugly blemish.

I’m not worried about Vandy.

The point was even teams even like mighty Ohio St who the media adores have gotten waxed against teams that shouldn’t have probably happened. The folks acting like this had never happened before, it has and teams teams can bounce back. That’s all! GBO

no problem…didn’t mean it as a rebuttal. I agree, it happens and rather than dewell on it I’m just looking at what an amazing season we‘ve had.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Pretty good comparison actually
Agreed. I had tried to think of a similar situation, best I could think of was Clemson giving up 70 in Dabo's first Orange Bowl. Yes it happens, but I'll feel better if we win Saturday. Only have looked good in 1 road game and that was LSU at noon. Even Pitt could have been an L but the defense was aggressive all day. I don't think vandy presents the same atmosphere intimidation as SC but we will know the rest of the story on the 2022 Vols tomorrow night.

I’m not worried about Vandy I’m worried that our defense has come completely unraveled

I’m not worried about Vandy I’m worried that our defense has come completely unraveled

Hopefully they take all the talk this week like they did the week of the UK game where they were being bashed for having the next to worst passing D in the country.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Pretty spot on. The only difference is that OSU begins every year with national title aspirations. We were a “rise up from the ashes” story that made the SC that much more heartbreaking. I don’t think we have any problem bouncing back.

VN Store

Back