Tennessee #12 in USAToday Preseason poll

Yeah, for real. I know some fans feel disrespected by being out of the top 10, but I can remember getting excited about just being in the top 25 during that 15 year rough stretch.

We had an amazing year. Next step of this rebuild of our football program is showing some consistency. We need another couple of good years before people start giving us the benefit of the doubt.
We started outside the top 10 in ‘98. Were fun to watch and capable of beating anyone. I’m good!

UNTESTED!!

Both Bama and UGA have 100% totally untested SEC QBs. Neither has stepped on the stage and taken a snap but, guess which SEC QB has not only taken snaps but, thrown TDs, won a bunch 'o' games and, beaten Clemson in a bowl game? Hmmm?????? (Joe Milton...)

Let's make these preseason prognosticators eat their unfounded problematic prognostications, ok?

Go Vols!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Damn, thats ironic they were also #12 on my list of...people that matter!

What has FSU done to be 5th?
They finished 10-3 last year, and the three losses came by a total of 18 points. Now you can argue about quality of their opponents, but they still finished the year playing really well. They return 87% of their total production from last season. That leads the country. Week one against LSU will tell a lot.

How is Notre Dame SO overrated EVERY year?
They are always overrated, but Sam Hartman might be the best quarterback they’ve had in years. They have a huge game when Ohio State comes to town. I’m sure they’ll blow it, but they could be decent.

Reactions: 08Vol
the most interesting thing I see on there is OSU behind Michigan and Penn State. I get they only really have each other on their schedules so its basically whichever one wins out in the head to heads but still. I don't see Penn State beating them or Michigan. Washington and Texas also seem to be ranked a tad high.
Penix is lethal. Dude can sling it. Wash will be a serious contender for the pac title this year

Reactions: PA Vol and 08Vol
They always reload because they've had great QB play over the last 7-8 years. Hurts, then Tua, then Mac, then Young. This year their QBs are not good, though they did bring in that transfer. They have to hope that guy is good, because winning 9 games with their schedule might be a struggle with Milroe and Simpson. They got Texas, LSU, us, and @A&M which could be really tough games and are all loseable.
Dont sleep on ole miss (kiffin) as well

Reactions: DirtyDawg
I agree, and while it might be premature to say this, I wouldn’t completely go to sleep on Auburn either. Freeze is likely to bring them back into the fold sooner than many think.
Their qb situation is probably the worst in the sec atm, I honestly don’t expect much from them this year.

Reactions: 08Vol and DirtyDawg
Their qb situation is probably the worst in the sec atm, I honestly don’t expect much from them this year.
Yeah, you’re probably right. I guess I got a bit off topic as I was alluding to the near future, not necessarily this coming season.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I guess I got a bit off topic as I was alluding to the near future, not necessarily this coming season.
Im still going with bama to come out the west. I’m still hesitant on all the attention lsu is getting. Just seems to be too much hype their way in the offseason.

Im still going with bama to come out the west. I’m still hesitant on all the attention lsu is getting. Just seems to be too much hype their way in the offseason.
I agree, they have too much talent and Sabin. I’m not buying that they will be far less bc they don’t have a heisman contender at QB. They have the talent to adjust accordingly, and unfortunately for us Sabin is pretty good at getting the best out of his players. We all say they had a down year in 22, but they only lost 2 games and both on last second plays to very good teams. If I’m being honest, Bama was the team I least wanted to face in the Playoff. You guys would have been a close second with a healthy Hooker. OSU honestly surprised me, they played very well in the Peach Bowl.

Reactions: 08Vol
Explain South Carolina last year.

Banks does not which is why, from what I’ve read, he didn’t get an extension. Believe he is coaching for his job this year and honestly their QB had the game of his life. Made stupidly amazing throws all game.

Bahahaha

It's amazing how Bama gets the overwhelming benefit of the doubt even after losing every single key piece they had last year, returning zero stars and three quarterbacks that haven't even come close to proving they can lead the third best team in the country.

We'll be ranked higher than 12th after Bazooka Joe and Nico put 60+ on UVA.
I agree we can likely rise above 12 but sorry to tell you if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt its Bama. I dislike them as much as anyone but I dont let that cloud reality. There is a big difference between hyperbole and delusion.

VN Store

Back