Tennessee #12 in USAToday Preseason poll

Too high for this years team. They might grow into that ranking, but we lost a ton. Young guns are talented but still young. 8 wins seems about right.
Not too high at all. We should progress even further under Heupel in season 3. More talent and much better depth. Spank that Gator tail and beat at least one of Alabama/Georgia. The Georgia game in K-town will be ridiculous. I also want to settle a 'score' with South Carolina. It's gonna be a fun season. GBO!!!
Those are some aggressively white boyish names right there. I can almost see them flipping their hair out of their eyes as I read your post.
LMAO!

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Bahahaha

It's amazing how Bama gets the overwhelming benefit of the doubt even after losing every single key piece they had last year, returning zero stars and three quarterbacks that haven't even come close to proving they can lead the third best team in the country.

We'll be ranked higher than 12th after Bazooka Joe and Nico put 60+ on UVA.

Absolutely. I am stunned that anyone takes Alabama seriously, after their lousy track record. Especially under their current poser of a coach. That guy knows nothing about roster management.

I would say just don't underestimate them. On the downside for them their premier WR just entered the portal; not sure why yet, but he's very good.

Don’t underestimate them. Lol. This ain’t the days of Butch and Pruitt. There is no reason to fear inferior teams like that anymore.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Saban has kind of earned the benefit of the doubt with his 6 national championships since 2009. That said, in this particular case I don't think they are going to be this good this year. They are in a bad situation at QB based on what I saw of their spring game. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3-4 regular season games. Still, I understand people giving Saban some deference.
Yeah I know

My comment was kind of meant to highlight how their street cred kind of defies logic. Because they really don't look like they'll be better than 10-2 next year. More question marks they've had since 2007.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Pretty high IMO given that we don’t if Joe Milton is gonna be able to be accurate and run the offense like we need him to.. oh but if he does that number 12 will change quickly!!
ESPN DOESNT HATE US??

Reactions: 08Vol
Those are some aggressively white boyish names right there. I can almost see them flipping their hair out of their eyes as I read your post.
UGA QB's always have those future stockbroker vibes, Vandagriff and Stockton are white, Beck I think is actually biracial though.

I hope we look better against Georgia this year along the line of scrimmage. Maybe Milton will be more mobile?

I just wonder why he is poised?
He looked good at their spring game and was the only one who played much last year I'd imagine. That's generally about as complicated as these pundits analysis gets.

Last edited:
I personally think the defense will be much improved this year. I think Walker at safety will be a big step up (see the bowl game), and Slaughter looks like he's going to turn into a really good CB for us. Jeudy-Lally should give us another starter at CB, and there's plenty of competition for Tank at safety.

LBs looks really good, though not a ton of experience past the first two guys. There's certainly a ton of talent with Herring, Perry, and Carter.

Defensive line looks to be really good again. Losing Young hurts, but Pearce and Josephs has as much of not more talent than even Young did. Baron hopefully locks down the other side, but we have guys like Tyre West or possibly Hobbs gunning for playing time at that spot.

I expect the offense to be good again, but not as good as last year. We have weapons all over the field, honestly we're kind of loaded at every position. Not a ton of depth of experienced depth at WR or TE, but again there's talent. Offensive line needs to her itself sorted out, but there's plenty of depth and talent to sort through at least. I'm pretty sure we have like 8 guys with starting experience there.

Bama loses tons of guys every year yet always reloads. It should come as no surprise the most talented roster in all of CFB is ahead of us
They always reload because they've had great QB play over the last 7-8 years. Hurts, then Tua, then Mac, then Young. This year their QBs are not good, though they did bring in that transfer. They have to hope that guy is good, because winning 9 games with their schedule might be a struggle with Milroe and Simpson. They got Texas, LSU, us, and @A&M which could be really tough games and are all loseable.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Ranking and evaluation seems fair....Milton performs to Hooker standards and defense can reduce yards per game and get off the field on 3rd down, we should be back in top 5.

Pretty high IMO given that we don’t if Joe Milton is gonna be able to be accurate and run the offense like we need him to.. oh but if he does that number 12 will change quickly!!
ESPN DOESNT HATE US??

How many SEC teams have returning starters at QB for '23?

How many teams that we play will have a returning QB for '23 is probably the better question.

Bazooka Joe will have to prove himself like the rest of the newcomers.

I sense better outcomes for him based on his previous experience than a fresh face at QB.

Bahahaha

It's amazing how Bama gets the overwhelming benefit of the doubt even after losing every single key piece they had last year, returning zero stars and three quarterbacks that haven't even come close to proving they can lead the third best team in the country.

Liked your post until your last sentence. That's a while lot of wishing may happen, but not as well founded as your Bama statement.

Bahahaha

You get the benefit of the doubt when you’ve recruited top 3 classes for the last decade and have the best coach to ever walk a sideline….

Reactions: 08Vol and Devo182
Well considering Alabama has in the last 5 years had the #1,#2,#1,#2 and #1 ranked recruiting classes I do not think any analyst will lose their job over assuming that Alabama might be able to deal with turnover.

Lots of those kids have left early, either going pro or entered the portal. Their QB play looks very suspect. May be wishful thinking, but I can see them losing 3 games next year. And, I think our floor, if we avoid injuries to starters, is 9-3.

8-4 would be a disappointment. We'll probably be favored in 10 of the 12 regular season games.
We just beat Clemson with a team minus Hendon Hooker or Jalin Hyatt.
A Clemson team that won the ACC.

Seldon at RB has already brought another dimension to the offense. Thornton needs to try and replicate Hyatt of 22.

Defensively, we have more depth than ever.
Arion Carter, James Pearce, Joshua Josephs are the key to our defense taking the next step imo

I think we make the playoffs this year an undefeated team

How many SEC teams have returning starters at QB for '23?

How many teams that we play will have a returning QB for '23 is probably the better question.

Bazooka Joe will have to prove himself like the rest of the newcomers.

I sense better outcomes for him based on his previous experience than a fresh face at QB.
This is true, most of the big time sec teams are replacing their qbs except for LSU and ole miss.. ole miss probably wishes they were tho.
I guess the fact I have seen Joe start back in 2021 it makes me nervous but I’m with you I’m thinking this is the year Joe Milton gets it together and has his breakout year!!

"Carson Beck is poised to replace Stetson Bennett after outplaying rivals Brock Vandergriff and Gunner Stockton"

Does UGA only recruit QB's with dbag names?

And yet neither Carson Beck, Brock Vandergriff, or Gunner Stockton could beat out Bennett over the past two years. That says a lot about their skill level.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
This is true, most of the big time sec teams are replacing their qbs except for LSU and ole miss.. ole miss probably wishes they were tho.
I guess the fact I have seen Joe start back in 2021 it makes me nervous but I’m with you I’m thinking this is the year Joe Milton gets it together and has his breakout year!![/QUOTE]

Now you're making me nervous also.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife

VN Store

Back