Tennessee #12 in USAToday Preseason poll

HooahVol

College football post-spring Top 25 has Georgia, Michigan out front

12. Tennessee
Joe Milton could seamlessly replace Hendon Hooker as the full-time quarterback and keep the Volunteers’ offense rolling as the best unit in the SEC. But Tennessee won’t make the leap from the New Year’s Six to the playoff without fixing a pass defense that allowed the third most yards per game in the league. While the secondary is unlikely to finish in the top third of the conference, for example, the Volunteers can start by buttoning up the defensive lapses that lead to crooked totals put up by Florida, Alabama and South Carolina.

In case you are wondering here are the SEC teams they have ranked over us:

1. Georgia
Carson Beck is poised to replace Stetson Bennett after outplaying rivals Brock Vandergriff and Gunner Stockton during the spring. The running game should again be strong with Daijun Edwards and Kendall Milton handling the load. Defensively, the Bulldogs continue to lose possible contributors to the portal but remain loaded across the board in the chase for a third national championship in a row and a place in college football history.

3. Alabama
Sophomore Jalen Milroe completed 19 of 37 attempts with two interceptions during the spring game while redshirt freshman Ty Simpson hit on 12 of 26 throws for 155 yards and one turnover. Both ran the ball well: Milroe continued to flash his athleticism following last year’s brief starting audition while Simpson went for 62 yards with a game-high carry of 45 yards. Given this spring's inconsistent production, it wasn't surprising to see the Tide dip into the portal to nab Notre Dame transfer Tyler Buchner, reuniting the former starter with new Alabama coordinator Tommy Rees. The defense has some questions, notably in the secondary.

I personally think we are in a little better place than Bama. I am not impressed at all with their QB situation. I did watch the UGA spring game and they looked really good. Beck looked great. So I have no issue with them being over us until we show improvement on defense and Milton proves the Orange Bowl was not a fluke.

Bahahaha

It's amazing how Bama gets the overwhelming benefit of the doubt even after losing every single key piece they had last year, returning zero stars and three quarterbacks that haven't even come close to proving they can lead the third best team in the country.

We'll be ranked higher than 12th after Bazooka Joe and Nico put 60+ on UVA.

Bahahaha

It's amazing how Bama gets the overwhelming benefit of the doubt even after losing every single key piece they had last year, returning zero stars and three quarterbacks that haven't even come close to proving they can lead the third best team in the country.

Saban has kind of earned the benefit of the doubt with his 6 national championships since 2009. That said, in this particular case I don't think they are going to be this good this year. They are in a bad situation at QB based on what I saw of their spring game. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3-4 regular season games. Still, I understand people giving Saban some deference.

Bahahaha

When you win and recruit the way bama has they will get the benefit of the doubt. it will take a while for them to get knocked back down to reality.

Too high for this years team. They might grow into that ranking, but we lost a ton. Young guns are talented but still young. 8 wins seems about right.

Bahahaha

Bama loses tons of guys every year yet always reloads. It should come as no surprise the most talented roster in all of CFB is ahead of us

Reactions: TNBV
Bahahaha

I only care what we are ranked after we play UGA Until we play FL, LSU, Bama and UGA our rank is meaningless.

Reactions: knoxchief
Bama loses tons of guys every year yet always reloads. It should come as no surprise the most talented roster in all of CFB is ahead of us
the most interesting thing I see on there is OSU behind Michigan and Penn State. I get they only really have each other on their schedules so its basically whichever one wins out in the head to heads but still. I don't see Penn State beating them or Michigan. Washington and Texas also seem to be ranked a tad high.

Bahahaha

Well when every player in the team is basically a 4 star or higher i think they deserve it

Bahahaha

Well considering Alabama has in the last 5 years had the #1,#2,#1,#2 and #1 ranked recruiting classes I do not think any analyst will lose their job over assuming that Alabama might be able to deal with turnover.

Bahahaha

Reactions: feathersax
Too high for this years team. They might grow into that ranking, but we lost a ton. Young guns are talented but still young. 8 wins seems about right.
Not too high at all. We should progress even further under Heupel in season 3. More talent and much better depth. Spank that Gator tail and beat at least one of Alabama/Georgia. The Georgia game in K-town will be ridiculous. I also want to settle a 'score' with South Carolina. It's gonna be a fun season. GBO!!!

"Carson Beck is poised to replace Stetson Bennett after outplaying rivals Brock Vandergriff and Gunner Stockton"

Does UGA only recruit QB's with dbag names?
Those are some aggressively white boyish names right there. I can almost see them flipping their hair out of their eyes as I read your post.

Disrespectful to put Penn State, FSU, Clemson (whom we dominated with essentially the current rosters), Washington, and trash Texas ahead of us.

I love it. They’re going to find out.
ehh those first 4 you named are understandable... If you look at Penn State and Clemson both have pushover schedules. FSU is legit and has a good team coming back and though not a trash schedule its a lot easier than ours. Washington and Texas are what I'm confused about.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back