Tennessee #11 Program Financially -- Forbes

And yet the "real fan" constantly say folks dont support the program.

Correct. The “I’m the real Vol fan and your not” guy constantly and erroneously points a finger at the fans and says we’re the problem, and the team can’t win with us as their fans. Yeah, that ain’t it. Worst 10 year stretch in program history and we’re still throwing cash at the university, buying gear and filling up Neyland. We’re holding up our end of the bargain and then some ..... fan commitment has clearly been much stronger than the university’s

... and UTAD tried to low ball us and hire a career .500 HC in Schiano?? How bad was our UTAD at that point?
This is spot on. A member of Urbie and Herbies' incorrigibles that would have given us no shot to return to glory. That a$$ clown would still be AD and Phil would still be in exile. That man would have driven the program into the outer darkness. I believe we have the coaches now to contend. All we need now is more talent. 2019 will be Citrus Bowl and 2020 will be back in SEC Championship game. Book it..(This year I am hoping the breaks fall our ay for the "Poulan Weed Eater Bowl to just get the extra weeks of practice

The only way the Haslams go away is if a replacement source comes forward with the money.
If somebody like Ergen or Thornton would say they would make up the difference for the loss of Haslam dollars, UT could get rid of them.
Thornton isn't swimming in the same ocean is the Haslam's.

Reactions: 05_never_again
... and UTAD tried to low ball us and hire a career .500 HC in Schiano?? How bad was our UTAD at that point?

To be fair, the ugly kid at the dance doesn't get the hot girl. Our program has become the ugly kid at the dance. A hot steaming mess to anyone without orange colored goggles. We were never getting a top flight coach this go around, as was demonstrated while the nation watched to our humiliation. Hiring Kiffin, Dooley and Butch Jones in succession proved to be a program killer.

The only way the Haslams go away is if a replacement source comes forward with the money.
If somebody like Ergen or Thornton would say they would make up the difference for the loss of Haslam dollars, UT could get rid of them.

I know one of Ergen's family members pretty well, and after the coaching search was over I asked what Ergen thought of his message board fame with the whole story about divided factions /coup among the major boosters. He told me he had texted him a few times about his role in pursuing Gruden and what have you. All he reportedly sent back was "LOL". The guy is loaded and gives generously to the University, but I dont think he has much interest in micromanaging and dictating the direction of the AD the way some other family seems to crave to do.

Who ever is truly behind the demise of our precious football program, should be tarred and feathered and run out of the great state of Tennessee!

Jimmy Haslam. I think almost all of Knoxville would be fine seeing them go too. They're crooks, literally, and ab embarrassment to our community.

Then went out and hired a guy from Bama that has ZERO HC experience. Just as much of a risk, IMO. Remember the last Bama coach we hired... Sal Sunseri. We don't have a good record hiring ex-Bama coaches.

Him panning out vs knowing you get a ****** coach. I'd say the risk profiles are a bit different there

One potential encouraging sign is that there are only a few "outliers" in top 25 where financial strength doesn't match mid-upper level performance on the field...at this time (UT, UF, ARK, Neb, TT). One of our biggest problems has been churning of coaches/staffs. You strive for competent consistency, but not incompetent consistency. Dooley and Jones set us way back, along with dysfunctional UTAD. Now that Fulmer is steadying force on top of UTAD with Pruitt's no nonsense, no excuses mentality, we're on the right path. It will just take awhile to get there. However, once UT gets some wind behind our sails, we'll leapfrog over many on this list because of the financial strength of UT, and over the top passion of our fans.

Correct. The “I’m the real Vol fan and your not” guy constantly and erroneously points a finger at the fans and says we’re the problem, and the team can’t win with us as their fans. Yeah, that ain’t it. Worst 10 year stretch in program history and we’re still throwing cash at the university, buying gear and filling up Neyland. We’re holding up our end of the bargain and then some ..... fan commitment has clearly been much stronger than the university’s

IMO the strong fan support and fan base was used against us by the previous administrations. They saw they could throw any sort of poor performing football team on the field and the fans still showed up in support. Once support would start to fall off some, out with the staff, in with the next cycle to be done again at about the 4 or 5 year level. There has been zero commitment to winning or championships in football for the last ten years at least. I am hoping with Fulmer engaged that period is over but you never know, it could be another smoke screen, but I'm willing to see it through. You are correct IMO KB, the problem on The Hill has not is not fan support.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
They figured since they had the wool over the customers eyes with the other coaches that they could have with Schiano. Making $ off the fans was more important than winning.

This article is largely about A&M passing Texas at the #1 spot in college football program finances. But does show where our Vols stand nation-wide, and compared to SEC brethren.

College Football's Most Valuable Teams: Texas A&M Jumps To No. 1

960x0.jpg

An astounding 10 SEC schools number among the top 25 in finances. And a bunch of us are right there together at the $108M-$112M revenue and $56M-$67M profit level (that's over a 3-year period, not in a single year).

F2466165-9F4D-4782-BB00-2BC3750053F3.gif
We Riiiich B****H!

Thinking back on it many people did not want TA&M in the SEC unless Texas came with them. Texas thought they were going to be the lone power in their conference with OU challenging them every now and again. They had their own "Longhorn Network" and thoiught that would make them more money in the long run. They're not a good program nor have they been since Vince left. A&M has been a much stronger program and which would you rather be getting revenue from the SEC Network or the Longhorn Network?

Surprised Ok State didn't register higher with T. Boone Pickens deep pockets!

Same for Oregon with the kapernike "kneel and bob" thugs!

More important is the program's worth. A&M is the most. Why?? Cause they pump oil out from under their campus. That is a fact.

VN Store

Back