'21 Temple Transfer CB Jalen McMurray (Tennessee)

Hey, happy to land him but isn't Temple absolutely horrible almost every year? The mighty Owls were 3-9 this year, with wins
over Navy, Akron and Norfolk State.
We still sucked when we had Cam Seldon. 1 man can’t run the whole show.

I must be missing why this a boom-worthy addition, other than the fact that we need warm bodies in the secondary. When I look at these stats, I’m far more concerned than I am impressed, especially since he seemed to be better in 2022 than in 2023. Please, someone who understands this transfer better than I do, explain to me why we’re booming here.
View attachment 608514
2E70D109-EDA5-4D2F-8124-15B6B23373AB.jpeg

Had to Google this. Per Temple website:

Wearing a single-digit jersey is considered to be one of the highest honors an Owl can earn. These are awarded to the student-athletes deemed by their teammates to be the toughest members of the team.
Yes there is one on offense and one on defense every year. Very respected part of the “Temple Tough” culture. Last DB to earn one was Rock Ya-Sin and the story got its due flowers during his draft process

What I am most proud of is that I already had all of these folks on ignore. Seen this movie before apparently!
It amazes me how so many can spend so much time on the internet following a team they hate so much. They’re either 13, neckbearded in mom’s basement, or they think it’s a schtick.

What I am most proud of is that I already had all of these folks on ignore. Seen this movie before apparently!
Keep seeing this mentioned, but I don't see the ignore button anymore. Where did Freak put it? Not that I'd use it. Personally, I enjoy the differing points of view and the banter. Variety is the spice of life as the old saying goes....wait...are we still allowed to use that phrase? Kidding. We aren't the borg just yet. Headed that way pretty darned fast tho. Anywho...serious question. Where is that ignore button now? Might be one of my script/ad blockers has it nuked. Just curious.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
I get that there are such things as "hidden gems" and I as much as anybody hopes this kid is that... however... we're "booming" for a 2 star prospect that is supposed to come in and be an upgrade in the SEC. Our secondary needed a makeover (position coach included) but with highly touted players just seeking more playing time leaving programs like UGA & Bama we're targeting 2 star db's from Temple. I'm failing to see where we're really upgrading at a position of need here.

Kids ranked a lot lower than I would’ve thought. Wonder if that’s just a placeholder
I wondered that, too. Found it kinda odd that he was their choice considering some of the talent in the portal. What you posted makes a lot of sense. I wonder if that's what happened with McDonald at Ole Miss is round about way? Maybe he was a guy they thought might help, but when some of the higher needs fell their way, they cut him loose? Don't get me wrong. If I were choosing a place to live, I'd take Louisville every time, but I just found it odd that McDonald willingly flipped from Ole Miss to UL. McMurray just seems odd. Not much more than a depth/special teams piece from the small amount of video that I've seen.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Keep seeing this mentioned, but I don't see the ignore button anymore. Where did Freak put it? Not that I'd use it. Personally, I enjoy the differing points of view and the banter. Variety is the spice of life as the old saying goes....wait...are we still allowed to use that phrase? Kidding. We aren't the borg just yet. Headed that way pretty darned fast tho. Anywho...serious question. Where is that ignore button now? Might be one of my script/ad blockers has it nuked. Just curious.
I think I've used it on a grand total of three posters, but now you have to hover over their username and then it gives you the options to follow or ignore.

Click on the person's name in their post and it is in the extreme bottom right corner.

I get that there are such things as "hidden gems" and I as much as anybody hopes this kid is that... however... we're "booming" for a 2 star prospect that is supposed to come in and be an upgrade in the SEC. Our secondary needed a makeover (position coach included) but with highly touted players just seeking more playing time leaving programs like UGA & Bama we're targeting 2 star db's from Temple. I'm failing to see where we're really upgrading at a position of need here.
Do some research then. All the facts about this guy are out there, and it’s clear it’s a great player and an upgrade over what we’ve had. It’s lazy to not read the threads and just expect someone to tell you because you don’t want to check for yourself

Your lack of complete data sets that our staff uses in making these decisions and your lack of rational and balanced thought processes in light of those deficiencies are duly noted.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

VN Store

Back