Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling

Pretty convenient to say that solar activity is lower now that temps are on the decline. And as far as studies go there is no way in heck you can convince me that the funding for pro GW studies is equal to non GW studies. The new buzz word on the Dem's side of the debates has been Green this and Green that.. I know I read somewhere that the previously mentioned post about Co2 being responsible for ice ages were the same ones arguing today that Co2 causes GW. And lastly, it really peeved me when my 8 yo daughter came home and told me that they showed An Inconvenient Truth at her school, not once but twice.

Public schools bastions of liberal BS. Try to say anything about God and they libs go nuts, but show some half-baked movie about an unproven (or proven false) theory by a left-wing delusional self-important jackass like Gore, and that's a-okay. Pathetic.

An eight year old? Your kidding right?

Is this a public or private school?

Hendersonville public school. I found out when for some reason we were watching some absurd awards show on TV and I was just going ape crap when AL gore was getting nominated and selected for this and that and the Hollywoodites were ooohing and awwing him.. Then my little girl tells me they showed it to her.. I could have ripped someone's head off.

The amount of disinformation and confusion on this subject should not shock me, but it still does...there is a serious disconnect here. For example, it is often stated that the same scientists who are warning of global warming were the ones warning of a impending little ice age. When, in fact, this is far from the truth (even the notion of a large scientific focus on an impending little ice age is far from reality). Yet...people will go on saying it, and others will go on believing it - and spreading it. Oh well....

I do not pretend to be the most versed individual on this subject, but I watched a semi debate on O'Reilly and there was a pro GW and anti GW debating and this came up and the anti GW guy actually asked the Pro GW gal to deny this and she would not. It was a pretty amusing debate.

I do not pretend to be the most versed individual on this subject, but I watched a semi debate on O'Reilly and there was a pro GW and anti GW debating and this came up and the anti GW guy actually asked the Pro GW gal to deny this and she would not. It was a pretty amusing debate.

Any idea who the pro- and anti- people were...or what their backgrounds were? I'd be interested to know...but I'm sure it was just something you caught on TV and don't remember who they were...

I used to hear this, so I went back to figure more out about it. The scientific literature hardly mentioned global cooling...and when it did, it was with regard to aerosols and reflective molecules, such as sulfur in the atmosphere. They included CO2 in their models, but CO2 was a warming factor (one problem was that they underestimated the impact of CO2 on warming, compared to values we have today that are calculated much more accurately than the values available then).

I'm not saying that some of the people who studied global cooling then aren't studying warming now. I am sure that there are. But, it was not a large community in the least - and amazingly small compared to those studying warming today. Furthermore, both cooling and warming are climate dynamics - so climate dynamic scientists would very likely study both. In fact, all global warming models have cooling mechanisms built into them as well.

VN Store

Back