Tell me something good Z updates?

A redshirt would be good. Even though the knee is 100% (that is based upon the strength of the knee), it takes a while mentally to trust the fix. He relies on his speed, quickness, and cutting ability that will take time. They have made great strides with ACLs and he will have all he needs to recover.
Due to his size, he should have an easier recovery.

I don't care how long it take Zeigler to recover. One year, two years, whatever. I only pray he's able to make a full recovery. Seen too many full throttle players who suffer ACL injuries and then never recover their speed or agility - or their confidence in their body. For someone of Zeigler's size and mindset, those attributes are essential to impacting games. I hope he's able to fully recover, for himself as much as for Tennessee.

Reactions: Volfan1000
A redshirt would be good. Even though the knee is 100% (that is based upon the strength of the knee), it takes a while mentally to trust the fix. He relies on his speed, quickness, and cutting ability that will take time. They have made great strides with ACLs and he will have all he needs to recover.

A red shirt season for Seigler in 2024 would be a good thing for him mentally as he can relax and take the full rehabilitation process in stride because Dillone and Edwards provide options at the point guard position while the staff searches the portal for the best point guard fit for next season's squad.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I fell out of bed this mourning. Can y'all please tell me what I broke?

Still quoting 6-9 months for an ACL recovery. There is a lot of variability in that. Is it isolated? How is their motion, strength? Confidence? Sport matters. Yes players can make it back quicker than 6 months, but it’s not the standard at this point.

Between Santi, Key (when back), and 3J the ball handling should be serviceable if not outstanding. The interesting thing will be if Edwards gets more time going forward. If he doesn't, the writing is on the wall.

I think you are right the portal works both for and against programs.

I tore my ACL without contact (foot planted and body twisted). Surprisingly I had very little pain at first and the knee just felt weird but the pop I felt was very noticeable. Later the meniscus damage acerbated by the instability was the painful part. Not sure if there are other possibilities that are more painful and less serious or was he reacting to a pop knowing what it probably was. He was wearing some type of leg sheeve on that leg, did he already have some problem with that knee?
Well the reaction I am referring to was his inability to walk at all on it. My ACL tears were different. One was as you have described, but les painful and not as much of a pop because the tear wasn't 100%. The pop and much of the pain after has to do with the ligament releasing tension and the bones popping together and then bruising. The second tear I had I think had to do with a weakened knee from lots of running and tennis. I think the muscles were strained and if allowed for the tear to happen easily. If he already had a sleeve, then yeah he probably had a partial tear or was feeling some weakness and pain in the knee and it finally just gave. But for him not to be able to put any weight on it, he must have done something pretty serious or he just doesn't have a high threshold for pain. He and we are lucky if the latter is the reality, but then again I don't want to insult our guy! Lol

VN Store

Back