- Wright
- Henry T
- Crouch
- Jahmir Johnson
- Jordan Allen
- Jackson Lowe
- Savion Williams

Reminds me very much of Kiffins class that fell apart from attrition

Draw your own conclusions...I’d look at Will Friends history as well...want to know why he took a paycut? Either he was involved or way to close.

Want to know why team looked split? I’m sure it all has to do with some guys getting paid and some aren’t.

UneducatedGuess here of course, name checks out, and correlation doesn’t equal causation...
It could be this along with these guys being “asked” to leave

Reactions: UneducatedGuess
I'm beginning to think they were advised to leave to further remove anyone associated with cheating. Trying to keep the penalties at bay and for them, find spots before the truth is released.

If they accepted money, doesn't that make them inelgible to play? Throws up many red flags to leave now, like the money is gone I'm going where I can continue to get money.

How often we read on VN about the absolute necessity of keeping "Nieds" before another program stole him away. That, along with encouraging for Tennessee to "cheat like the other programs". Ah, Karma.:rolleyes:
Pruitt wouldn't have lasted past Year 2 if it weren't for the players that Nieds brought in. Amazing how badly Cornbred could stink despite rampant cheating going on. I wonder if he could have even won one SEC game without bought players?

Anyone here have details on what the rules say about a program’s restrictions on talking to or about a player not currently on the roster? I seem to remember, or maybe just making **** up, that a school cannot talk to or about a former player. If this is the rule, these players transferring is best for them IF they would be named in allegations. UT would not be able to specifically name them risking their eligibility. If they are still on the team, UT would be obligated to name the players involved.

Am I correct?

I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works at all. If the player broke the rules, jumping ship won’t save them. They will just have to serve their suspension under their new team.

Honestly regardless of where they run off too, they were I. The team at the time of the violations and still on the team during the investigation. Chances are their names have already been brought up.
The ncaa won’t just accept us saying “hey we had coaches paying players and we are doing our best to clean up our program” ncaa:”oh so who was being paid” UT: “well we aren’t gonna say cause they ran to another school”.

Eve if they were ok with it, they will just block every single transfer for immediate eligibility unless they start talking. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a number of these transfers be done with their playing days.

Reactions: VolNExile
this is what you call self imposed penalties that you use with the ncaa to reduce the slap they give us on top of it

Not suggesting this but does anyone think Trey was on the payroll? I read that some said his big sister Ashley may have blown the whistle and she sure would be that creditable source!
Not the worst conspiracy theory I’ve heard on here! My only caveat is he’s leaving and loves this university, so why reveal it’s going on? I still think it’s someone who hates Pruitt and has a lot to gain from this.

Not the worst conspiracy theory I’ve heard on here! My only caveat is he’s leaving and loves this university, so why reveal it’s going on? I still think it’s someone who hates Pruitt and has a lot to gain from this.
There was a poster on 247 the other night who said he was a student and knew several of the people who had been fired and he said unequivocally that he knew the whistleblower was Ashley Smith and that Pruitt had pissed her off along with numerous other people on the admin/academic side of the school. He said Smith went directly to Plowman. None of them knew who leaked the story to the press before the A&M game though, that could have been been and probably was a different person. I'll see if I can find it and post some screenshots. It was interesting info, if true.

Reactions: Gandalf
There was a poster on 247 the other night who said he was a student and knew several of the people who had been fired and he said unequivocally that he knew the whistleblower was Ashley Smith and that Pruitt had pissed her off along with numerous other people on the admin/academic side of the school. He said Smith went directly to Plowman. None of them knew who leaked the story to the press before the A&M game though, that could have been been and probably was a different person. I'll see if I can find it and post some screenshots. It was interesting info, if true.
I know AV didnt want to say because he said it would shock the Vol family. That fits the bill. And I ain't even mad. Pruitt cant treat people like dirt and expect everyone to just play his little game. Some people have morals and dont sweep things under the rug.

I know the Smith family in Jackson and would not think in either case they were/are a part of this mess!! We may never know the rat but i do think it came from someone in the university and the Mimms kid got the ball rolling. JMHO as always!

I can almost smell the McSanctions cooking!
i am getting more entertainment from all the mcjokes than from any on field
Performance in years

I know someone who was fired and that’s not who they think it was initially

Last edited:

VN Store

Back