Telemarketers

TNnative

Well known pain in the azz
Just got a call from the credit cards awards clown today. I got to the part where if "you have completed this process or not interested, press 3 now."

So like any other reasonably intelligent person, I press 3. Instead of a prompt stating my number would be removed from their list, I get a human voice greeting me. WTH?

I said, "Why am I talking to you? I pressed three because I am not interested." This silly twit asks why I am not interested. "You probably don't want to hear it, Just take me off your call list now." She actually insists on an answer. Again, I think, WTH?

My reply, with colorful adjectives deleted. "Okey Dokey, Lady. Since you insist, I will tell you. It is because I refuse to do any type of business whatsoever with individuals who are ignorant enough to think disturbing my day and calling my cell phone 500 times a day is going to illicit it." And yeah, at the end? I was hurting her ear.

I think there needs to be a telemarketer cruise. Right through shark infested waters. I think yall get the rest.

And before I finished this? I got another one, pressed to opt out, and got a person. If they stop calling? Who knows?

You know if Trump would just sign an executive order banning this crap immediately? He would win reelection in a landslide, and there would be a nationwide riot if they try to impeach him.

Reactions: AaronUT
I used to get them bad, but started letting my baby girl answer and talk to them. Apparently they don't have time to discuss making slime and roblox

What ticks me off is I have been taking care of my elderly father for two years. And when I am trying to help him and expecting a call from his Doctors, these A Holes became a distraction. Somebody needs to load these jerks up, and drop them into the laps of ISIS. Extreme? At this point, DILLIGAF?

Reactions: joevol33
What ticks me off is I have been taking care of my elderly father for two years. And when I am trying to help him and expecting a call from his Doctors, these A Holes became a distraction. Somebody needs to load these jerks up, and drop them into the laps of ISIS. Extreme? At this point, DILLIGAF?
It is annoying. My wife has health issues, and she's answered them thinking it was a dr calling.

Reactions: TNnative
It is annoying. My wife has health issues, and she's answered them thinking it was a dr calling.

It's about twenty miles past annoying. And crossed into the state of unacceptable long ago.

And since they allow for "legit" calls from charities and PACs, that just opens the door for scammers. Next time I get a human voice? "Get a real job!"

Reactions: joevol33
When I actually get a human, I ask if they can hold for just a minute and then set the phone down. If everyone would do this, it could slash the number of calls they are able to make in a day.

When I actually get a human, I ask if they can hold for just a minute and then set the phone down. If everyone would do this, it could slash the number of calls they are able to make in a day.

I especially like the windows technical support guys. I make them explain how they read error on my computer. Ask every redundant question. Then I ask when they discovered my computer transmitting error codes. When they tell me, I tell them a tree fell across the cable wire the day before, and the truck is here running a new wire to the house at this very moment.

Or I claim my brother/cousin/best friend is a Microsoft employee, and how they are committing a violation of Microsoft policy. YouTube has many tips on how to mess with them.

Since I work at a computer I used to have a Mr Rogers sound board ready to pull up and mess with them.

I especially like the windows technical support guys. I make them explain how they read error on my computer. Ask every redundant question. Then I ask when they discovered my computer transmitting error codes. When they tell me, I tell them a tree fell across the cable wire the day before, and the truck is here running a new wire to the house at this very moment.

Or I claim my brother/cousin/best friend is a Microsoft employee, and how they are committing a violation of Microsoft policy. YouTube has many tips on how to mess with them.

I love the “Microsoft” scammers. I let them dig a little deeper by getting specific about the errors. Then ask why Apple is sending Microsoft sending about my Mac. *click*

Reactions: VolNExile
I'm lucky that my cell number is Memphis even though I haven't lived in Memphis for almost a decade and a half. When someone calls me from a random 901, I guarantee I don't know them.

That's a bit of a problem when you take call that covers hospitals and an after-hours nursing service!

Every time I hear some supporter of the exceptions claim, "some people like getting calls from their favorite charities", I wish somebody had the balls to ask that twerp to produce both of them.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
This is what i do. Tell them to hold on a sec im finishing something etc. Do this as long as possible if im not actually busy. Maybe get the dog over and have him speak directly in the mic if im at home, thats always good for a bleeding telemarketer eardrum or two

The problem with answering the call, even to mess with them, is it lets them know the number is legit and they profit from that. Even if it goes to voicemail, they know it's a good number and they will sell it to the next scammer. There are so many robo calling bots out there that we really can't win this war until someone comes up with a reliable way to detect that it is a spoofed number.

About three years ago, I actually had my number blocked by two different companies.....a security company and car warranty company. I called back several times and asked silly questions......they don't like wasting their time on non-buyers.

Reactions: davethevol

Yep. Everybody needs to do this. Sometimes they will sit there for over a minute asking if anyone is there.

I did this for 2 months and the number of calls dropped significantly. I go weeks to months in between calls now.

It's harassment. It's the only form of harassment that is legal, because nobody is smart enough to figure out how to stop it.

VN Store

Back