Tee no longer calling plays at USC

Tee probably on the move after this season. Great recruiter. Will an SEC team lure him closer to home?

Tee reminds me a lot of Tosh Lupoi and Rodney Garner...much better recruiter than coach. That being said would love to have him on staff as a position coach.

Clay Helton could be on our staff next season in some capacity. That may be more likely than Tee coming home at this point. They are 4-4, and are likely to lose at least one more. Good chance they make a move.

Reactions: Zues1

Uh, I predicted this when all the “hire Tee” BS was going on. I said he’d be fired as OC at the end of this year and that seems to be on track.

Listen, if Tee has the acumen to be an OC at this level, we’d be speaking about him instead of Peyton, as he’d still be playing in the NFL. Tee had better physical skills and a better arm. But Cut had to cover up his shortcomings in reading defenses, which he never had to do with Peyton.

USC's defense has been hemorrhaging all season. They're going to need another band-aid soon.

I don't think Helton ever truly got off the hot seat he got on early in the 2016 season. They opened 1-3 before figuring it out with Darnold and ultimately winning the Rose Bowl, but last year was kind of underwhelming and this year has been pretty bad.

Helton is an interesting case because he's a holdover from Kiffin and Sark's staffs. And Kiffin and Sark themselves were guys from Carroll's staff. I think a lot of USC people wanted to hit the reset button fully when Sark was let go. Carroll has been gone since 2009 but they still have guys who were connected to him, even in a roundabout way. Kind of reminds me of Alabama after Bryant left.

Reactions: All4TN
Uh, I predicted this when all the “hire Tee” BS was going on. I said he’d be fired as OC at the end of this year and that seems to be on track.

Listen, if Tee has the acumen to be an OC at this level, we’d be speaking about him instead of Peyton, as he’d still be playing in the NFL. Tee had better physical skills and a better arm. But Cut had to cover up his shortcomings in reading defenses, which he never had to do with Peyton.
JB Cooter couldn’t get on the field! Way too many examples of good to great coordinators who couldn’t get snaps as players to even get started. You are correct that one has to have that certain thought process to be successful tho.

JB Cooter couldn’t get on the field! Way too many examples of good to great coordinators who couldn’t get snaps as players to even get started. You are correct that one has to have that certain thought process to be successful tho.
purely just my opinion, but it is my opinion that middling players make better coaches than great players do. there are exceptions of course, but generally speaking I have always thought it was because the average player had to think more to get on the field since they couldn't depend on physical ability.

purely just my opinion, but it is my opinion that middling players make better coaches than great players do. there are exceptions of course, but generally speaking I have always thought it was because the average player had to think more to get on the field since they couldn't depend on physical ability.

I tend to agree as well. they spend more time on hte sideline signaling plays and working with coaches behind the scenes during a game. get alot of exposure to that side verses in game.

USC seems to clean house just about as regularly as UT does.

They do and for good reason. The tolerance for losers is very low at USC just like on The Hill. They have way too much money to produce an inferior product placed on the field. A HC can't be there 5 years without winning a conference championship at least and even then the seat would be warm. They are all about NCs, too much talent and money around for them to be just good.

Tend to agree. Great coaches who were also great players are the exception.

Neil Callaway was hired by the UA BOT to destroy UAB - fun fact; this was after they failed to approve a contract for Jimbo Fisher (signed).

He's horrible - shocked he had such a high profile job.

VN Store

Back