Tee Martin named Baltimore Ravens QB coach

Tee was carried by a loaded backfield and defense. But technically you are right. I have no problems with Tee but to act like he put the team on his back is an overstatement.
Tee carried our offense in 1999 after the slow start. It's not very often that one player is named SEC player of the week 2-3 times in a month like he was. He was unstoppable in 99 vs UGA, Notre Dame and Alabama (who were ranked in the Top 10 and ended up as SEC Champions). It took a while for Tee to get dialed in (especially due to injuries in 1999), but when he was on, he was unstoppable.

The guy was a great player and is obviously a good coach his resume makes that inarguable. No one in their right mind should make the argument he was a better QB than Peyton. The 98 team was obviously a different team.

Tee carried our offense in 1999 after the slow start. It's not very often that one player is named SEC player of the week 2-3 times in a month like he was. He was unstoppable in 99 vs UGA, Notre Dame and Alabama (who were ranked in the Top 10 and ended up as SEC Champions). It took a while for Tee to get dialed in (especially due to injuries in 1999), but when he was on, he was unstoppable.
You could say the same thing about Peyton but the argument was regarding National Championships so '99 wouldn't matter either. I appreciate what both of them did here, but people like to pretend Tee was a better QB because the team played well enough to win a lot of close, low-scoring games on the way to a NC.

Manning is the greatest QB to come through Tennessee
Martin was the last QB to win a championship and should have BCS-level championship respect across the fan base, yet he doesn't. I swear some of you are bitter that he won it instead of Manning. You try really hard to say Martin had the better team.

The defense carried Martin
Manning had names like Brown, Duff, Green, Terry, Coleman, Ellis, Ratliff, Walker, Little, Thompson, Wilson, Fair, Gaines, Goodrich, Noel, Graham, Grant, Griffin, and Johnson.
Martin had great ones too like Ellis, Green, Terry, Walker, Coleman, Ratliff, Thompson, Westmoreland, Wilson, Goodrich, Grant, Johnson, White, Griffin, and Lott.

Both QB's had championship-caliber defenses.

Martin had the better backfield
Manning had Lewis and Bryson take the lead with Henry, Stephens, Lavine, Darne, Crosby, and Edmonds,
Martin had Henry and Bryson with Stephens, Lewis, Crosby, Bartholomew, and Graham.

That's an even backfield.

Last edited:
Hey....
When they're talking about winning records for QBs, they don't give QBs "0.500" wins.

Peyton won a superbowl with Indianapolis throwing 4 total TDs in the whole playoffs.
But are we going to say he didn't win that super bowl?? I sure as hell would NEVER say that.

Give the brotha his due. It's messed up people would try to rob him of what he earned.

He did something that Manning couldn't do in college. Period.

Not "team win" bull crap, when you're talking about a QBs legacy.

I'd much rather have Peyton's bank account... so... he is the REAL winner !!!
:cool:

Tee was carried by a loaded backfield and defense. But technically you are right. I have no problems with Tee but to act like he put the team on his back is an overstatement.

I don't think we win that game vs Florida State without the Tee.

TEAM sometimes waited around for Peyton to win the game and with Tee they knew they couldn’t do that. Different dynamics. Boils down to who was the better QB. And that debate is settled quickly after reality reigns.

Peyton is obviously the better QB.
There's been 4 other better QBs SINCE Tee.
(Clausen, Dobbs, Bray, Hooker)

But some are real quick to let it be known that it was a total team effort and Tee was just lucky.

How everyone would just love for it to have been Peyton.
And that's the sad part of it.

The people that are happy for Tee were also cheering Peyton for all 4 years when he was the guy.

But ole Tee was just lucky for the other ones😑

Same Ole same Ole..

But some are real quick to let it be known that it was a total team effort and Tee was just lucky.
He was PART of the team. And he made vital plays throughout the season without which no championship would’ve happened. No luck was involved with that scramble against Syracuse, TDs to Peerless both in the SEC Championship and the NC Game. He also did benefit from the rest of the team stepping up their game. And to his credit, most cases he’d run what Cut called without the excess audibling and check with me’s that got tiresome with Peyton. We can honor him for being a factor in winning the NC without going overboard with scoreboarding it over Peyton’s accomplishments. Peyton transformed the program. Tee got the job done.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

Agreed... Though it's 5. You left off Ainge.

VN Store

Back