Tee coming home...

Likely a fantasy I know, but if Pruitt someday turns down the Bama job will you think less of him?

Both times Tee passed on us before were good career moves. He'd have anchored himself to a sinking ship both times.

Sticking it out and getting a coordinator's contact was a good decision.

For me it wasn't the turning down, it was the public turn down when we needed him most. I don't blame him for not wanting to work with those coaching staffs, but keep it private like 95% of coaches do. With that being said I'm glad we hired him. I wish the staff would have some consistency, but if we are going to have an opening he is a great hire to fill it.

Here’s why it’s an amazing hire

1. He’s as excellent as there is in devolping WRs if that is his role.

2. Probably the biggest upside is recruiting. He’s an ELITE recruiter and that’s the number one thing we need right now. And now double that because he’s recruiting for HIS SCHOOL, the 5 stars he’s going to pull in...just wait.

3. He’s home. Call it “spurning” us all you want. But if you want to blame Tee for turning down a laughable offer, and pleasing his wife as “spurning” us then I don’t know what you want me to see. He did what was best for him and his wife. Plus it’s no secret UT low balled him and on top of that he should be praised for not wanting to ruin his career under Butch freakin Jones.

4. UT is finally making hires that show its serious about getting this thing fixed!

Not once did I talk about the low offer.

If he knew he was getting lowballed and still showed up, that’s dumb. So since he showed up, he didn’t know the details of the lowball. Since he didn’t know that, showing up in USC gear for a job interview is wildly stupid. Especially towards his Alma mater.

Secondly, he trashed a recruit on national signing day for signing with his Alma Mater. It truly is amazing to see the folks who have flipped their script today compared to back then who spoke against him venomously.

Lastly, what offers did he have after his firing that Tennessee had to beat out for his services. Tee signed with the best school available that was offering him.

All of those things are true. I think if hired to be WR coach, he will do a solid job.

I think the funny thing I’m amazed at is all the people who get butthurt the minute anything perceived as criticism happens. It’s also funny the majority of those people are the same ones who bashed the guy countless times. I really can’t believe this site is free because it’s entertainment is second to none.

I’m a “so called fan” yet you have zero response to my post besides name calling.

You sound just like the guy who was Full Butch because saying anything that may be interpreted as one ounce of criticism is “detrimental to the program.”

Fun fact: you can be a Vol fan yet not agree with the Head Coach 100% of the time.

Well..., you sound like a guy who has the brain of a 4-year-old. I bet he was glad to get rid of it. See, I said nothing about the HC but you inserted that. Meaning you had zero comprehension of what my post was about. No wonder that 4 years old wanted to get rid of that brain.

Truly amazing. I’m the 4 year old but all you can do is hurl insults because you can’t have a legitimate discussion.

Pot meet kettle.

From the moment I clicked on your post and bypassed it, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend to read it.

I saw Tee go 22-22 in Coumbia, then win a Natty. Dude always played hard, ran hard, threw a beautiful deep ball and all he heard about was Peyton. I’m happy for him. Another move on Pruitt’s part that shows he is growing roots. Imo Pruitt is not the type of guy to build something with his bare hands and then leave it outside to rust. He’s gon make us all happy

Reactions: trion23
Happy for Tee.
Is his wife still working in music industry?
If so, will this mean a lot of drive time for her to Nashville?

I honestly don’t see how this is a good fit unless we are losing or canning our WR coach. Good for recruiting but outside of that, not sure what the big deal is about this hire outside of an “alum coming home” narrative.

I guess we needed some UT folks on the staff considering the Bama blood we have in Pruitt? Lmao

Just amazing that people are super stoked about an alum who spurned us twice publicly and trashed our recruits on national signing day on national TV......

This is a huge hire! Tee Martin could easily be a OC but now we get him and he can work with QBs or WRs and bring in elite talent. Tee could easily move over to OC when Chaney retires. Weinke could leave I guess he hasn’t brought in any recruits that I know of.

Wanted this for a long time. Glad the UTAD is finally listening to my ignorant opinion.

I can’t blame Tee for not wanting to be here under Butch.

Reactions: Vol_Maul and KBVol
My friend called me and woke me up this morning, about Tee coming home, and an interesting story going down.
Sometime Monday Fulmer and Pruitt had a meeting in the AD office. According to the story, Fulmer says, how about Tee coming to Knoxville? Pruitt tells Fulmer that he didn’t know if he would come or not, because of all of the backlash, but I’ve always wanted him here in my staff. Fulmer had told Pruitt that pffftt, I can get Tee to do whatever I ask him to do, and it isn’t going to be a problem getting him here. He goes on and says that, all of the guys I recruited looks at me like a father figure, and they are my sons that I took under my wing. So Pruitt says call him and see. Fulmer calls him and ask, and according to sources, their wasn’t any backlash from Tee to come home. It was absolutely, I’ll be there. Fulmer told him that the contract situation would be worked out, and you have no worries. Fulmer told him welcome home and let’s get to work, and Tee accepted and said yes sir, on my way.
That is the story that developed Monday of what I was told this morning.

Now, all of this negativity out here is absolutely uncalled for. Tee is still a VFL, and certainly deserves some kind of welcoming back to Knoxville. Whatever it was in the past is buried under the hatchet.
Let’s open our hearts and arms with some ❤️
WELCOME HOME TEE!

I honestly don’t see how this is a good fit unless we are losing or canning our WR coach. Good for recruiting but outside of that, not sure what the big deal is about this hire outside of an “alum coming home” narrative.

I guess we needed some UT folks on the staff considering the Bama blood we have in Pruitt? Lmao

Just amazing that people are super stoked about an alum who spurned us twice publicly and trashed our recruits on national signing day on national TV......
You ever get tired of being wrong?

VN Store

Back