Techno-fascism

SamRebel35

I swear to God if anyone tries to compare Google to a small cake shop I will Karate chop you! Google, Twitter, Facebook, and almost all of Silicon Valley have monopolized the way we receive information. There is no real equivalent of "just go to a different cake shop" on the internet. A micro-percentage of the population now possess near unfettered control of what we hear, read, and watch on a daily basis. Can we please admit that techno fascism exists and is a slightly unique problem that we have never had to deal with in the history of mankind?

Insider Blows Whistle & Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020 on Hidden Cam – Project Veritas

I swear to God if anyone tries to compare Google to a small cake shop I will Karate chop you! Google, Twitter, Facebook, and almost all of Silicon Valley have monopolized the way we receive information. There is no real equivalent of "just go to a different cake shop" on the internet. A micro-percentage of the population now possess near unfettered control of what we hear, read, and watch on a daily basis. Can we please admit that techno fascism exists and is a slightly unique problem that we have never had to deal with in the history of mankind?

Insider Blows Whistle & Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020 on Hidden Cam – Project Veritas
Google is kinda like a small cake shop, I think.

So we have a blurred out "whistle blower" telling us what Google execs "really mean". Yeah, Project Veritas has no history of distorting the context of their hidden camera interviews.

The point is that disinformation efforts by foreign governments etc. amount to a "Trump Situation", where existing algorithms have been exploited to have propaganda swamp the search results. Trying to achieve fairness in search results will always leave someone feeling like they are being underrepresented.

Reactions: Mick and Hunerwadel

What do you propose be done about it?

So we have a blurred out "whistle blower" telling us what Google execs "really mean". Yeah, Project Veritas has no history of distorting the context of their hidden camera interviews.

The point is that disinformation efforts by foreign governments etc. amount to a "Trump Situation", where existing algorithms have been exploited to have propaganda swamp the search results. Trying to achieve fairness in search results will always leave someone feeling like they are being underrepresented.

Spin it any way you want to make the victory gin taste better.

What do you propose be done about it?

I don't know. Monopolies are a tricky subject in the first place. Anti trust laws have a habit of cementing existing monopolies instead of breaking them up. But I think we should at least start to acknowledge what Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc. actually are. They are modern day tech monopolies over social media/ information distribution. They have disproportionate influence over the information we get to see on a daily basis.

Use Bing. Google only has market power because you use them, not because they are the only choice.

Trump is trash and I'm totally fine with private businesses opposing trash politicians. This is America.

I don't know. Monopolies are a tricky subject in the first place. Anti trust laws have a habit of cementing existing monopolies instead of breaking them up. But I think we should at least start to acknowledge what Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc. actually are. They are modern day tech monopolies over social media/ information distribution. They have disproportionate influence over the information we get to see on a daily basis.

I have a difficult time thinking of these tech companies as monopolies. I have a traditional view of monopolies (standard oil, ma bell, etc). The other thing that makes me "meh" on this, is I don't use facebook, twitter, youtube (for political stuff). The only one i use is Google but most of my searches are specific enough that if i am looking for radical right wing propaganda i can find it easily.

Reactions: tennvols77
I have a difficult time thinking of these tech companies as monopolies. I have a traditional view of monopolies (standard oil, ma bell, etc). The other thing that makes me "meh" on this, is I don't use facebook, twitter, youtube (for political stuff). The only one i use is Google but most of my searches are specific enough that if i am looking for radical right wing propaganda i can find it easily.

Using quotes in the search usually gets the job done.. Use responsibly, and throw in a question mark after the quotes for plausible deniability.

Use Bing. Google only has market power because you use them, not because they are the only choice.

Trump is trash and I'm totally fine with private businesses opposing trash politicians. This is America.

I would consider Microsoft as part of the monopoly of information distribution.

Reactions: tennvols77

Try it for yourself. I took this snapshot with my phone. Google and other tech companies are vehemently attempting to reprogram the populace, and many are dumb enough to let them.

075DBD9B-CCED-4F8D-8D14-3A57B358B70E.png

DuckDuckGo is pretty good, too.

I would consider Microsoft as part of the monopoly of information distribution.

So it's a colluding oligopoly? Is Yahoo in on it, too?

If it's as bad as people seem to fear, then there is a huge opportunity for entering the market and giving people a "fair" search engine.

So it's a colluding oligopoly? Is Yahoo in on it, too?

If it's as bad as people seem to fear, then there is a huge opportunity for entering the market and giving people a "fair" search engine.

If you can't see the Gate keeping and cronyism at play in Silicon Valley, I don't know what else to tell ya. Whether these companies collude or not, it turns out that they all have the same world view and they all seem to work as one with the same agendas. And being anti Trump is only one of many such agendas.

Reactions: ajvol01
LOL at "reprogram"

They're trying to reprogram me to wear "men canvas shoes". When will the insanity stop?

It’s their search engine, you dolt. They have control (or can at least program their filters, regardless of “hits” <— there’s your programming piece) over what is at the top of their search filter.

So, what you’re saying is, males are born, out-of-the-box, programmed to believe they are fully functional and capable of conceiving and birthing a child?

It’s amazing how you think large companies, the media and politicians don’t intentionally mislead their consumers/constituents for their own selfish endeavors. You’re one naive child.

What’s insanity is watching you attempt to explain trivial economic policy.

Reactions: Obsessed
LOL at "reprogram"

They're trying to reprogram me to wear "men canvas shoes". When will the insanity stop?

They're also trying to reprogram you to believe that science is fake news and that gender and ovaries are social constructs. You're smart enough to know they're full of sh!t, but that doesn't change the fact that they're trying to convince you and everyone else.

Reactions: ajvol01

VN Store

Back